New cpu/MB no POST

3vil_wabbit

I recently swapped out my cpu/motherboard and psu on my system. Everything else is the same. 

Case: define mini c

Mobo: Asus Z370-G Gaming (wifi ac) matx

Cpu: 8700k

Gpu: Asus gtx 1070 strix oc 

Psu: Evga g3 650

Ram: corsair lpx ddr4 3000 (16 gb) 

Storage: Samsung evo 850 500 gb

I get no post leds (or beeps when I put a speaker on.) I get no display but all my fans come on, even the gpu. The rgb lights on the mobo also come on. 

Things I've tried: 

Clear CMOS

Remove gpu, tried the Igpu. Still no display

Swapped the new psu for my old psu. 

Took out ram and tried both sticks one at a time in every slot. 

Removed cpu, checked for bent pins. They're good. 

Checked every connector from psu, they're all plugged in tight. 

I also put my gpu and my new psu into my old system to make sure they work and they do. I can't try another pci-e slot either because my nh d15 blocks my first slot. 

I'm going nuts here, any suggestions? 

Try booting without the gpu and make sure your gpu drivers are clear, then try plugging the gpu in and installing drivers. Nvm I didn't read.  Are you plugged into the gpu and using hdmi or dp?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

That sounds like a motherboard/CPU problem, I've had similar issues before. Everything seems to power on fine (lights, fans), but nothing is displayed. In my experience, it'll either be a dead CPU, or faulty CPU power delivery. Check the VRMs and mosfets and stuff on the motherboard, and see if you can test the CPU in another working system.

39 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Try booting without the gpu and make sure your gpu drivers are clear, then try plugging the gpu in and installing drivers. Nvm I didn't read.  Are you plugged into the gpu and using hdmi or dp?

I tried dp and hdmi on both the gpu and the igpu

30 minutes ago, Leinad4400 said:

That sounds like a motherboard/CPU problem, I've had similar issues before. Everything seems to power on fine (lights, fans), but nothing is displayed. In my experience, it'll either be a dead CPU, or faulty CPU power delivery. Check the VRMs and mosfets and stuff on the motherboard, and see if you can test the CPU in another working system.

That's the conclusion that I came to. Is there a way to test the motherboard? I have no way of testing the cpu, I called the only computer shop in town to see if they had a test bench for the 8th gen crap and they don't. 

2 minutes ago, 3vil_wabbit said:

Is there a way to test the motherboard? I have no way of testing the cpu, I called the only computer shop in town to see if they had a test bench for the 8th gen crap and they don't. 

Well, you could ask them if they have a working 8th gen CPU you could test with. If that all works fine, you know it's your CPU.