New Ryzen Build problem

Hello guys,

I have recently moved from my good old sandy i5 to a new Ryzen R7 2700 system. Everything was running just fine up until Wednesday the 9th. After connecting remotely to a SIT server of a project i am currently working on, i was not able to use any browser At all. At that time i just left the problem alone, since i  wanted to rest. Yesterday I resumed troubleshooting my issue. Firstly i tried reducing my OC to stock values. Nothing changed, Then to safe values (DDR4 to 2400 etc) Again nothing changed. Afterwards i proceeded formatting my SSD (windows 7 +Raid Drivers+ injecting ryzen usb drivers via DISM to the install image). After the completion of the installation i proceeded installing firefox... and boom. Same problem arised. I then tried to install the chipset drivers, that one also crashed. Same goes for the GPU driver. I then helplessly tried to install both windows 10 and 7 to another SSD i had laying around, but the problem persists.

This is really frustrating and i need my PC mostly for work. Any ideas? I am suspecting that maybe the mobo is failing (could be the gpu, but there were no signs of it dying -- also got a new one 2 months ago from RMA) or the pSU / CPU.

All of the parts are pretty new ( about 2 months ago purchased).

Specs:

Ryzen R7 2700 stock

G Skill 16GB FlareX 3200Mhz Cl14

Asus Crosshair 6 Hero

2x 3TB Raid1 Arrays WD Red

1 Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb

2x 1TB wd blue

Corsair RMx 850w White

Bios Version Latest stable (6004)

RX 580 XFX  GTX-XXX 8GB

CPU and GPU in a custom loop with 2 rads ( 1x140 and 2x140)

System tested both w7 and w10 64bit.

The site has changed....

3 minutes ago, jimakos234 said:

Hello guys,

I have recently moved from my good old sandy i5 to a new Ryzen R7 2700 system. Everything was running just fine up until Wednesday the 9th. After connecting remotely to a SIT server of a project i am currently working on, i was not able to use any browser At all. At that time i just left the problem alone, since i  wanted to rest. Yesterday I resumed troubleshooting my issue. Firstly i tried reducing my OC to stock values. Nothing changed, Then to safe values (DDR4 to 2400 etc) Again nothing changed. Afterwards i proceeded formatting my SSD (windows 7 +Raid Drivers+ injecting ryzen usb drivers via DISM to the install image). After the completion of the installation i proceeded installing firefox... and boom. Same problem arised. I then tried to install the chipset drivers, that one also crashed. Same goes for the GPU driver. I then helplessly tried to install both windows 10 and 7 to another SSD i had laying around, but the problem persists.

This is really frustrating and i need my PC mostly for work. Any ideas? I am suspecting that maybe the mobo is failing (could be the gpu, but there were no signs of it dying -- also got a new one 2 months ago from RMA) or the pSU / CPU.

All of the parts are pretty new ( about 2 months ago purchased).

Try reseating the CPU, the mounting mechanism isn't great - when I first built my rig I thought I had a dead ram stick/channel, reseated the CPU and it's been fine ever since

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Have you run any kind of diagnostic tools such as memtest?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

51 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Try reseating the CPU, the mounting mechanism isn't great - when I first built my rig I thought I had a dead ram stick/channel, reseated the CPU and it's been fine ever since

Just did as told, made no  difference whatsoever :(

27 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Have you run any kind of diagnostic tools such as memtest?

No, i have not. Should i use live usb tools, or should i do inside the -faulty- windows?

The site has changed....

1 hour ago, jimakos234 said:

No, i have not. Should i use live usb tools, or should i do inside the -faulty- windows?

USB would give a more correct reading.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Memtest find no errors whatsoever. Tried with a different PSU, same results. i do not have any other mobo/cpu in order to test. i am out of ideas.

The site has changed....

Hello again. I was able to find RAM from a co-worker  and a gpu. I just retested  and the problem persists. Also,  I have to mention that after Sunday i was not able to even boot in the windows installation, let alone a linux one (since i was getting segmentation faults while booting into linux. I tried Ubuntu,Kubuntu and Arch, all ended up with the same Segmentation fault error).

The site has changed....