Component Store has been corrupted

IBM_THINKPAD_R51

Hello everyone, the other day, i noticed windows was not installing updates. I found out that the Component store has been corrupted. However, any command with DISM does not work. I tried sfc /scannow, but it does not even start. I also have already tried chkdsk /r /f but it also did not resolve the problem. I cannot reinstall Windows, what can i do?

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why can't you reinstall Windows? If it's Windows 10, there's a handy built-in reset/reinstall option.

it may keep my files, but i have so many programs and other things set up, that it would take an extremely long time to set up again. its a pain

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

it may keep my files, but i have so many programs and other things set up, that it would take an extremely long time to set up again. its a pain

Can you back up all your data? Reinstalling Windows will likely fix your problem.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Can you back up all your data? Reinstalling Windows will likely fix your problem.

the problem is not the data, its the over 100 programs/services/etc that i would have to setup and install all over again. It takes way too much time

Just now, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

the problem is not the data, its the over 100 programs/services/etc that i would have to setup and install all over again. It takes way too much time

Don't know what to tell you mate...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

33 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Hello everyone, the other day, i noticed windows was not installing updates. I found out that the Component store has been corrupted. However, any command with DISM does not work. I tried sfc /scannow, but it does not even start. I also have already tried chkdsk /r /f but it also did not resolve the problem. I cannot reinstall Windows, what can i do?

What error are you getting and what update is not installing? 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

it gives me an error code, when i looked it up on google, i noticed it had something to do with the component store not working. When i tried to repair it with the DISM command, it did not work. it could not repair it @EvilCat70

it gives me an error code, when i looked it up on google, i noticed it had something to do with the component store not working. When i tried to repair it with the DISM command, it did not work. it could not repair it @EvilCat70

I had an issue with this not long ago. 

Is the error code 0x800f081f by any chance? And what update is it (e.g Windows 10 Version 1709, KB4103727)

29 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

well if u dont, u might have file corruption on everything, ive seen too many systems lose files because of file corruption due to a unstable os or hardware

better to redo stuff knowing ur doing it rather then it randomly having bootmgr is missing and u lost everything unexpectedly

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Is the error code 0x800f081f by any chance? And what update is it (e.g Windows 10 Version 1709, KB4103727)

The error code you gave me is a problem with .net framework, not the component store like my problem, but the update that my computer is trying (but failing) to install is the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (it does not give the the KB number)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

well if u dont, u might have file corruption on everything, ive seen too many systems lose files because of file corruption due to a unstable os or hardware

its not unstable, i just cant update my computer or install / remove features (which is different from programs) 

its not unstable, i just cant update my computer or install / remove features (which is different from programs) 

if any file gets corrupted its because of unstability wether its in hardware or software

(◑‿◐)

The error code you gave me is a problem with .net framework, not the component store like my problem, but the update that my computer is trying (but failing) to install is the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (it does not give the the KB number)

You could manually install the update (download it from Microsoft's website) instead of using Windows Update. It borked an update for me and no matter how many times you clicked Install it would fail. 

9 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Because of network policy settings, Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download files that are required to complete the requested changes. Contact your network administrator for more information.
0x800F0907 - CBS_E_GROUPPOLICY_DISALLOWED

ur network or group policy is set too strict

it doesnt cause file corruption on that error

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

You could manually install the update (download it from Microsoft's website) instead of using Windows Update. It borked an update for me and no matter how many times you clicked Install it would fail. 

i can actually try replacing the WinSxS folder where the component store is stored from my back-up. The one in my back-up is about a month old tho. Maybe the month-old difference is not too big and it can work with it

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:
Because of network policy settings, Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download files that are required to complete the requested changes. Contact your network administrator for more information.
0x800F0907 - CBS_E_GROUPPOLICY_DISALLOWED

ur network or group policy is set too strict

it doesnt cause file corruption on that error

I don't have any group policies man. My network is mine alone. Also that isn't even the same error. 

Just now, EvilCat70 said:

I don't have any group policies man. My network is mine alone. Also that isn't even the same error. 

that is the error for the code u mentioned

https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/2734782/net-framework-3-5-installation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

its related to group policies , and EVERY SYSTEM HAS GROUP POLICY , EVEN IF U DONT SET THEM UP, WITHOUT IT U CANT LOG IN TO WINDOWS

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

that is the error for the code u mentioned

https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/2734782/net-framework-3-5-installation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

its related to group policies , and EVERY SYSTEM HAS GROUP POLICY , EVEN IF U DONT SET THEM UP, WITHOUT IT U CANT LOG IN TO WINDOWS

My system isn't restricted boi. I've got every fucking right on here so it's nothing related to that. It's just Microsoft being shit again. 

34 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

My system isn't restricted boi. I've got every fucking right on here so it's nothing related to that. It's just Microsoft being shit again. 

believe what u want, goodluck

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

believe what u want, goodluck

You say that yet the new feature update installed perfectly fine xD 

'believe what u want' 

55 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

You say that yet the new feature update installed perfectly fine xD 

'believe what u want' 

i have never even even mentioned new feature update, once again believe what u want i am muting ya

(◑‿◐)

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i have never even even mentioned new feature update, once again believe what u want i am muting ya

I believe that the error code you guys where talking about was for the new feature update that he mentioned. And he says that it eventually installed fine.

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

I believe that the error code you guys where talking about was for the new feature update that he mentioned. And he says that it eventually installed fine.

the error code just refers to

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907

it has nothing to do with windows update in general, its just net framework ( can manually download aswell )

yes windows update can download net framework,  but thats just when u have download updates for optional services, because it isnt part of update

(◑‿◐)

On 12/05/2018 at 7:05 PM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

the error code just refers to

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907

it has nothing to do with windows update in general, its just net framework ( can manually download aswell )

yes windows update can download net framework,  but thats just when u have download updates for optional services, because it isnt part of update

No it was when I was trying to install a Windows update.