Restore deleted folder, windows?

In some way, I managed to accidentally delete a folder full of semi-important SolidWorks files, and then not knowing they had been deleted emptied the recycle bin by removing temporary files after updating windows.

So its all gone, Is there any FREE way of restoring them? They're not important enough for me to spend money on them, but I'm having an exam quite soon and have more important things to do with my life than to recreate them by han if its not absolutely necessary. 

Thanks.

Core I5 8600k @5GHz | Asus Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 | 2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz | Fractal Design Define C TG | Fractal Design Celcius S24 | Crucial MX300 525GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD | MSI Krait Gaming z370

simply using windows restore to a restore point where the files existed should work ._.

(◑‿◐)

20 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Since windows just hides files so they can be overwritten they might still be there.

Try something like Recuva https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Just try not to use the computer in question much to avoid the files being overwritten.

EDIT - The free version is just fine for what you want to do.

Thanks, m8!, It worked wonders, I managed to recover 90% off all files!

Core I5 8600k @5GHz | Asus Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 | 2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz | Fractal Design Define C TG | Fractal Design Celcius S24 | Crucial MX300 525GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD | MSI Krait Gaming z370