Cannot Duplicate Displays Error Nvidia

BayoNX19
Go to solution Solved by Tabs,
16 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

That shouldn't matter though. I've duplicated non-surround displays before that are at different resolutions, and it works perfectly fine. You choose a resolution, and if the monitors have different resolutions, one of the monitors will have black bars to account for it. 

This also requires the other monitor to actually support the resolution you're trying to set. It's highly unlikely any surround setup comprising two monitors will be, combined, a resolution that a 1080p monitor supports. They would both, combined, need to be a smaller resolution than your 1080p display, and somehow your 1080p panel would need to have a matching half resolution for it.

Basically, the only way I see a setup like this working is, for example, if you had quad 1080p displays as 2x2 surround and tried to mirror it to a 4k panel, or two 1080p panels mirroring to an ultrawide 32:9 3840x1080 display.

That also assumes that a surround display can actually be mirrored in this fashion, which is not something I have been able to confirm.

I have 3 monitors, 2 smaller ones that are the exact same resolution, which are recognized as one large monitor because I setup Surround in Nvidia control panel. My third monitor is a standard 1080p monitor. I have the option to extend these displays, but when I press duplicate (in windows 10 settings) it says "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings". When I go to multiple displays in nvidia control panel, the "clone display feature" is grayed out (cant click it). Does nvidia support duplicating surround monitors with regular monitors (Regardless of stretching/black bars)?

Extra information:

-one of the surround monitors is connected via hdmi, the other surround monitor is through display port (shouldn't be an issue because extension and merging the displays into one works completely fine?)

-the other (regular, not surround) monitor is connected through hdmi

-Intel G4560

-GTX 1060  (driver/control panel version 397.31)

Just to clarify the picture, monitor 3 is the surround display made up of 2 monitors, monitor 2 is a 1080p single display. They are extended currently. Thanks 5af11265f071b_Screenshot(159).thumb.png.a0a25a4d59f65aedcdeb38e24d9058a7.png

So let me get this straight, your trying to get all 3 displays to show the same thing right?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

So let me get this straight, your trying to get all 3 displays to show the same thing right?

I'm trying to get the surround display to show the same thing as the other display. There are 3 monitors, but only 2 displays because 2 of the monitors make up a surround display (which is what I want). But I cant duplicate the surround display and the non surround display for some reason.

Just now, BayoNX19 said:

I'm trying to get the surround display to show the same thing as the other display. There are 3 monitors, but only 2 displays because 2 of the monitors make up a surround display (which is what I want). But I cant duplicate the surround display and the non surround display for some reason.

That's because the surround display(2 monitors) is running at a different resolution compared to your single 3rd monitor. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That's because the surround display(2 monitors) is running at a different resolution compared to your single 3rd monitor. 

That shouldn't matter though. I've duplicated non-surround displays before that are at different resolutions, and it works perfectly fine. You choose a resolution, and if the monitors have different resolutions, one of the monitors will have black bars to account for it. 

13 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

Duplicating different resolution displays is different compared to duplicating 2 monitors in a surround setup and a single monitor not in a surround setup.  

Duplicating different resolution displays is different compared to duplicating 2 monitors in a surround setup and a single monitor not in a surround setup.  

I'm aware it's different... but does that mean that nvidia does not support duplicating a surround display and normal display that are not the exact same resolution?

16 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

This also requires the other monitor to actually support the resolution you're trying to set. It's highly unlikely any surround setup comprising two monitors will be, combined, a resolution that a 1080p monitor supports. They would both, combined, need to be a smaller resolution than your 1080p display, and somehow your 1080p panel would need to have a matching half resolution for it.

Basically, the only way I see a setup like this working is, for example, if you had quad 1080p displays as 2x2 surround and tried to mirror it to a 4k panel, or two 1080p panels mirroring to an ultrawide 32:9 3840x1080 display.

That also assumes that a surround display can actually be mirrored in this fashion, which is not something I have been able to confirm.

10 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Basically, the only way I see a setup like this working is, for example, if you had quad 1080p displays as 2x2 surround and tried to mirror it to a 4k panel, or two 1080p panels mirroring to an ultrawide 32:9 3840x1080

display.

^Essentially what he said

What your trying to do just doesn't work because of software/hardware limitations. If I didn't have 2 dead monitors here I'd happily test and confirm for you.

^Essentially what he said

What your trying to do just doesn't work because of software/hardware limitations. If I didn't have 2 dead monitors here I'd happy test and confirm for you.

Huh. Well that's a shame. Although I guess it makes sense; trying to stretch a 1920x1080 monitor onto 2560x1024 would look pretty stretched out I guess. :/