CS:GO question

ManOfDisguise

Whats the max you can set the max fps through the console command fps_max? 200?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I recommend you limit it to 129. That way you are perfectly in sync with the tickrate of the game (except on matchmaking which has 64).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I recommend you limit it to 129. That way you are perfectly in sync with the tickrate of the game (except on matchmaking which has 64).

wait wait.... the cl_update & cmd rate is mostly 66/128... so he would benefit more from a fps limit of 128 fps... the ingame fps coutner is wrong, and by setting it 1 frame above you just get placebo, and no real sync with any tickrate available

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

wait wait.... the cl_update & cmd rate is mostly 66/128... so he would benefit more from a fps limit of 128 fps... the ingame fps coutner is wrong, and by setting it 1 frame above you just get placebo, and no real sync with any tickrate available

No the command will always keep your framerate below 129 which will be 128.

Now of course this is assuming that the OP's setup allows him to always have 128+ fps.

Now of course this is assuming that the OP's setup allows him to always have 128+ fps.

You are forcing the game tu run at 128.99 FPS this way.. running at 127.99FPS does tend to be more sync'd

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

You are forcing the game tu run at 128.99 FPS this way.. running at 127.99FPS does tend to be more sync'd

Then wouldn't it be more in sync if you set it to 128.01? (I'm assuming you can, I'm probably wrong tho)

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Then wouldn't it be more in sync if you set it to 128.01? (I'm assuming you can, I'm probably wrong tho)

Thats true, but it's not working. Atleast when I do that, its setting it to 128 each restart.. thats the main reason, why setting it 1 above does not do anything to sync.. hence it will run 0.1 fps under that limit.

yea im gona be using a gtx 770, 8350 along with a 144hz monitor.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

yea im gona be using a gtx 770, 8350 along with a 144hz monitor.

Nice, I am still rocking the 660ti so I only get 80+ fps on the laggy maps. 

I'm pretty sure this was only a thing for 1.6 because of the models and animations and has been irrelevant since CSS. Shazam specifically said it didn't make a difference and encouraged setting it to 300.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I'm pretty sure this was only a thing for 1.6 because of the models and animations and has been irrelevant since CSS. Shazam specifically said it didn't make a difference and encouraged setting it to 300.

so fps_max 300 is the one i should go with? and fps_max 300 is also the default setting right? meaning i dont have to input anything into the console?

Specs of my PC: