Bios - CPU fan Error

Randommercy
Go to solution Solved by Spyder1384,

Not sure how the H100i is set up but I have an H50 in my computer that's worked flawlessly, The one big detail that I can remember is the 2 connectors, 1 for the Pump that's mounted on the CPU and the other for the fan(s) mounted to the radiator. I'd suggest that you check the manual for your cooler to ensure that you have the right plug to the proper connector(s) listed on your motherboard. So long as that is good then we can check from there if you're still having issues.

this is my first time building a computer, everything went smoothly as for construction but for some reason its stating that i have a CPU Fan Error in the Bios. i looked and everything looks like its plugged in properly, here are my specs i really need some input, i'm at a loss.

i have:

CPU: Intel I7-8700k 

Motherboard: Asus Prime z370-A

CPU cooler: corsair H100i V2

Not sure how the H100i is set up but I have an H50 in my computer that's worked flawlessly, The one big detail that I can remember is the 2 connectors, 1 for the Pump that's mounted on the CPU and the other for the fan(s) mounted to the radiator. I'd suggest that you check the manual for your cooler to ensure that you have the right plug to the proper connector(s) listed on your motherboard. So long as that is good then we can check from there if you're still having issues.

5 minutes ago, Spyder1384 said:

omg, thanks! im such an idiot. i plugged the AIO power into the AIO port on my motherboard cus i thought well it makes sense, check my manual like you suggested and it say into the CPU fan header, go figure. so it booted straight into the Bios so im guessing that was the problem.

25 minutes ago, Randommercy said:

omg, thanks! im such an idiot. i plugged the AIO power into the AIO port on my motherboard cus i thought well it makes sense, check my manual like you suggested and it say into the CPU fan header, go figure. so it booted straight into the Bios so im guessing that was the problem.

I'm glad to hear that worked out for you. Have fun with your new system   :)

1 minute ago, Spyder1384 said:

I'm glad to hear that worked out for you. Have fun with your new system   :)

thanks! now ii just have to figure out why my SSD 2.5inch wont boot windows, i pulled it from a previous PC and i would like to use it to transfer the OS to my new M.2 but that is also not showing up in the Bios so now i have some more trouble shooting to be done.

From what I understand about UEFI BIOS setups you are going to have to do a small bit of research to ensure the settings are correct to allow windows to be installed and bootable from your M.2. Also, you WILL NOT be able to just clone your existing drive onto the M.2 as Windows will not properly acknowledge the hardware change in boot devices and will not load. I remember reading that you have to make sure the BIOS is set up a specific way though and be sure to update to the latest BIOS version if you haven't already. It will be listed in the Drivers/Downloads section for your MoBo on ASUSs website.