NEED HELP PLEASE

tbone_9022

I had 2 new NZXT Aer F 140mm PMW Fans arrive today. I installed them into my case (NZXT S340 Elite) which only previously had the 2 pre installed 120mm fans upon purchase. I have 2 fans plugged into CHA_1 and CHA_2 headers on the MOBO, 1 fan occupying the AIO header, and one fan occupying the M.2 header. After installation, upon playing any game, my FPS has dropped dramatically from sitting at 150fps on average on ultra in most games to now sitting at 15-25fps on those same games. I haven't had these issues before as my build is only 2 weeks old. If anyone could help troubleshoot or give me some tips that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

You have a fan installed into a M.2 slot?

Yes the M.2 fan header slot, I dont have any fan header splitters so I thought I would put a fan on that header

1 hour ago, tbonw_9022 said:

Yes the M.2 fan header slot, I dont have any fan header splitters so I thought I would put a fan on that header

The M.2 slot isn't for fans.

That's for M.2 drives like the samsung 960 evo.

So, yea remove that.. get a fan hub if you don't have enough mobo fan headers.

They're not expensive. Just get a small one that you can hide behind the motherboard tray.

As for the FPS drops, I don't see how just adding a few fans could cause that drop unless it has something to do with you having something that shouldn't be plugged into the M.2 slot, but I doubt it.

Maybe try using DDU to remove your video card driver in safe mode and then install the newest driver for your video card from the Nvidia site. If that one doesn't work, repeat the process but try using a slightly older driver.

https://windowsreport.com/display-driver-uninstaller-windows-10/

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

If that doesn't help, list your system specs here and also hit start - type reliability history - find any red errors - double click them for more details and copy/paste what they say here.

I reverted my case fan set up to my old set up. I have run virus scans as a precaution. My CPU usage when idle on desktop fluctuates between 5, 20 and 80%. Games that I used to be able to play on Ultra with 120fps with no issues now run at 50-60fps with major jittering and screen lag (it feels like my mouse dpi goes down to 50). I am worried about my PC as it is only new.

PC SPECIFICATIONS:

- NZXT S340 Elite (only using 2 120mm stock case fans)

- Asus ROG Strix Z370-F MOBO

- Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080

- Intel Core i5 8400 CL (Stock CPU Cooler)

- 16GB (2 x 8GB) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4

- Corsair 750w PSU Gold

- Crucial 250GB SSD

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD