Audio routing question;

Ripper7620

I would like to route all my audio through my Mackie MR824 & MR624 monitors, whether I'm playing back audio tracks, watching a youtube video, or if someone is playing a video game. My monitors are hooked up to the outputs of a Focusrite 2Pre, which in turn, is hooked up via USB type-C to my computer. What, if possible, is the easiest way to accomplish this? Would I do this through the Focusrite Control app, and would I have to reconfigure every time I change audio sources? Thank you in advance for any and all possible solutions you can provide.

You should be able to select it as a stereo output from within windows' playback devices. This will then use it as the default playback device for all audio.

34 minutes ago, anothertom said:

You should be able to select it as a stereo output from within windows' playback devices. This will then use it as the default playback device for all audio.

ok, sounds like a plan, now I just have to figure out how to execute that manuver.

right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select playback devices. Find the device corresponding to the 2pre, right click on it, select 'set as default device'.

38 minutes ago, anothertom said:

right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select playback devices. Find the device corresponding to the 2pre, right click on it, select 'set as default device'.

awesome, thank you very much for taking the time, I appreciate it!

1 hour ago, anothertom said:

Thank you again very much, that did the trick!

IMG_0061.JPG