Youtube Audio Lag

I recently got new graphics card (GTX 1080 ti) a month ago and since then i have been having a strange problem with youtube audio.  At some point after a youtube video begins the audio lags a few seconds behind the video.  My headphones are plugged in straight to my computer, not at all connected to my GPU.  This happens on every browser on my PC, not just chrome.  What should I do to fix this?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

internet issue probably, gpu has no connection to audio, play an mp4 file and see if the video and audio match up, if so, probably an internet issue

24 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I recently got new graphics card (GTX 1080 ti) a month ago and since then i have been having a strange problem with youtube audio.  At some point after a youtube video begins the audio lags a few seconds behind the video.  My headphones are plugged in straight to my computer, not at all connected to my GPU.  This happens on every browser on my PC, not just chrome.  What should I do to fix this?

Is the video dropping frames? I've had an issue in the past where 1080p60 would drop a lot of frames even when 4k playback was smooth.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

32 minutes ago, CombatComedy said:

internet issue probably, gpu has no connection to audio, play an mp4 file and see if the video and audio match up, if so, probably an internet issue

No, I play games and everything else online is fine.

10 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

Is the video dropping frames? I've had an issue in the past where 1080p60 would drop a lot of frames even when 4k playback was smooth.

No, the video is smooth

31 minutes ago, CombatComedy said:

It lags on other video streaming platforms as well

I experience similar. The audio is in sync, but as soon as I switch to another browser tab. The now non-visible YouTube tab will go out of sync fairly quickly. i tend to watch news shows and do other stuff while listening to the talking head. Do you have a multi-monitor setup per chance? I found it was more likely to happen on a secondary display.