NVIDIA Mosaic Alternative

Chronz

Hi! I'm new in the forum, so please forgive me if I did anything wrong.

So I wanted to combine a few projectors to produce a larger image. And I immediately thought of NVIDIA Mosaic. But the problem is that I don't have that much money to buy a Quadro. Do any of you guys know an alternative to Mosaic by any chance?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

You might want to take a look at Nvidia 3D Surround. It's designed for gaming, but it seems like it could fulfill your needs pretty effectively. You can also individually upscale each projector if needed in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

this.thumb.PNG.daaa50e0dc8082189078974ad65a6489.PNG

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

59 minutes ago, Chronz said:

What's  your GPU? They should just appear as monitors to your PC, so you can just use NV Surround or Eyefinity to make a single larger display.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, Homeless Pineapple said:

You might want to take a look at Nvidia 3D Surround. It's designed for gaming, but it seems like it could fulfill your needs pretty effectively. You can also individually upscale each projector if needed in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

this.thumb.PNG.daaa50e0dc8082189078974ad65a6489.PNG

I'll be sure to try it out. Tysm! :)

Just now, Streetguru said:

What's  your GPU? They should just appear as monitors to your PC, so you can just use NV Surround or Eyefinity to make a single larger display.

I have not decided yet. But it'll probably be an NVIDIA GPU.

2 minutes ago, Chronz said:

I have not decided yet. But it'll probably be an NVIDIA GPU.

Are you building an entire new PC? if so what's your budget/country?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Are you building an entire new PC? if so what's your budget/country?

Yes, I'm planning to build an entire new PC, but I son't have a budget yet. So far, I'm just planning. Thanks though :)

1 minute ago, Chronz said:

Yes, I'm planning to build an entire new PC, but I son't have a budget yet. So far, I'm just planning. Thanks though :)

Well you can't buy GPUs right now, so what you should probably get is a sub $600 Ryzen APU build. Plenty of motherboards have 3 or 4 video outputs which the APU supports, just get one with display port at least.

R3 2200G or R5 2400 + 2800+mhz RAM and you're pretty much set for alright 1080p gaming.

The older APUs supported up to 4 displays I think...tried it once if I remember right, as well as eyefinity.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Well you can't buy GPUs right now, so what you should probably get is a sub $600 Ryzen APU build. Plenty of motherboards have 3 or 4 video outputs which the APU supports, just get one with display port at least.

R3 2200G or R5 2400 + 2800+mhz RAM and you're pretty much set for alright 1080p gaming.

The older APUs supported up to 4 displays I think...tried it once if I remember right, as well as eyefinity.

Wow! I didn't know Ryzen supported this. I'll take that into consideration. Thanks a lot man!

Just now, Chronz said:

Wow! I didn't know Ryzen supported this. I'll take that into consideration. Thanks a lot man!

APUs are masterrace man.

Spoiler