PG27UQ

Hey all,

I saw Linus' video on the PG27UQ when it was revealed back in January of 2017 at CES 2017.

After waiting a year, I plan to purchase this monitor... However, even though it owns impressive specifications, I could be swayed onto another monitor.

Considering that I don't want to purchase another monitor for years to come, I want a monitor that is "future proofed". Understandably, "future proofing" is a marketing term, but looking at the specifications, the monitor honestly feels like it can hold up for the next few years. And if it's 3840 x 2160 running 144Hz at 4K HDR, I actually think it's still far ahead of what most computers can even run.

My question is: Is it still worthy enough to wait for its release, or have there been better released and tested monitors?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, TRITIUMNITR0X said:

Hey all,

I saw Linus' video on the PG27UQ when it was revealed back in January of 2017 at CES 2017.

After waiting a year, I plan to purchase this monitor... However, even though it owns impressive specifications, I could be swayed onto another monitor.

Considering that I don't want to purchase another monitor for years to come, I want a monitor that is "future proofed". Understandably, "future proofing" is a marketing term, but looking at the specifications, the monitor honestly feels like it can hold up for the next few years. And if it's 3840 x 2160 running 144Hz at 4K HDR, I actually think it's still far ahead of what most computers can even run.

My question is: Is it still worthy enough to wait for its release, or have there been better released and tested monitors?

Thanks!

I’m waiting for the Acer version because it is the EXACTLY the same thing, but way thinner bezels.

im waiting on that 4K 120hz 65" gaming tv

that'll be the tv i get when i finish college