Ryzen Dell RAM options

So I just got this guy open box at best buy for 750(during a sale) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-1700-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-recon-blue/5948598.p?skuId=5948598. I wanted to build my own,but miners and money. Ryzen 1700 RX580 I already installed a NVME SSD. I do MS Office, some 3d modeling(for 3d printing) and VR Games. 

So it has 16gbs 2400mz of RAM, but its a single stick. I know thats the biggest nerf to the rig right now, I've seen the charts of how bad a idea single channel memory on a Ryzen system is. So it looks like I have two options, I see refurbished 16gb dell sticks are $200 which would bring me up to 32gbs. I also see for about the same price I could get 16gb of aftermarket ram with much faster speeds. 

Do you guys think I'm better sticking with dell RAM and having 32gbs of slower ram or 16gbs of faster RAM?

16gb faster ram hands down

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

What I'd do is sell the 16gb you've got now and replace it with 8GB x 2 of the memory of your choice.  

You'll be running faster and in dual channel and should be able to get a decent price for the 16GB you've got now. 

I almost bought that same Dell from Costco back in September but ended up building wtih a 1700 instead.  Looked like a decent setup for a prebuilt and I was always happy with my older Dell workstations.  

2 hours ago, trevrez said:

What I'd do is sell the 16gb you've got now and replace it with 8GB x 2 of the memory of your choice.  

You'll be running faster and in dual channel and should be able to get a decent price for the 16GB you've got now. 

I almost bought that same Dell from Costco back in September but ended up building wtih a 1700 instead.  Looked like a decent setup for a prebuilt and I was always happy with my older Dell workstations.  

Hadn't though of selling the 16gb in there, good call. I might go that route and have this be a cheap upgrade

Those old Dell workstations are beasts compared to normal Dells. I have a old xeon one here. Its really not too bad for the price, I see it as at current prices I bought a Ryzen 1700 and 580 and got the rest for free. It is impressive its got a dell made 370 mobo with slots for NVME and M.2. that was a welcome surprise.

29 minutes ago, Intrexin said:

Hadn't though of selling the 16gb in there, good call. I might go that route and have this be a cheap upgrade

Those old Dell workstations are beasts compared to normal Dells. I have a old xeon one here. Its really not too bad for the price, I see it as at current prices I bought a Ryzen 1700 and 580 and got the rest for free. It is impressive its got a dell made 370 mobo with slots for NVME and M.2. that was a welcome surprise.

Yeah for that price I'd be happy with that purchase.  Kind of sad with the current market prebuilts are appealing again but it is what it is!  

The Dell workstation I've got is a T3500 with a Xeon W3550.  The thing is a beast and I can't bring myself to get rid of it. It's a spare now, I tossed a 1050ti in it before GPU prices went up and now the nephews use it got gaming when they visit.