Looking for a new 7-8" tablet

I am looking to replace my now well aged Asus MeMo pad 7 HD with a more up to date(ish) model. Sadly it can't be updated past 4.2.2 and meny apps I need and like no longer support that far back.  I use it as a pocketable notepad and media player for school and travel, Plus some games (I'm not a major mobile gamer). But can't really break the bank for one... so the Nividia Shield at a used price of $300+ USD is out of reach more like 150ish tops. I don't mind going NOS or used if need be. So any suggestions would be appreciated, though I tend to avoid Samsung as they are often a rooting nightmare

What I'm looking for ...

(Must haves)
- Micro SD or 64Gb+ builtin (as said I need to travel and do not always have net so I store a lot on-board)

- 3.5mm headphone jack

- Android 5.5 or better *With a Proven ROOT method*

- 720p or better screen resolution

and of course a SOC powerful enough to run all that (not like some "cheap" knock-offs that try to do all this with a chip form 2010 lol)

(Would likes but not really needed)

1080p+

2Gb ram

a 5Ghz WiFi radio

In my opinion there is only one tablet worth buying and that is the iPad.  I don't really like iOS on a phone but it is fantastic on a tablet, plus the iPads are much higher quality than any of the Android tablets.  Conversely, Android is great as a phone OS but really sucks on tablets, again, in my opinion.  My daughter has an iPad Mini 2 and its still going strong after 4 years of abuse!

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

@MegaTechPC

Sadly iOS is too closed and crap... I use a lot of smb network sharing and file management functions and apps (part of my "root" need), As well as play video files in many formats like mkv's and such that support things like multi language and subtitle tracks that MP4 can't...   so in short iCrap devices are 100% useless to me...

@huilun02

I am now torn between the Lenovo Tab 4, or the ASUS Zenpad S 8 lol