Water Loop Noob

water cooling in general any coolant port will be a G1/4" so its universal throughout the loop. so the only size tolerance would be the overall length of the reservoir in the case/chassis. 

So the G1/4" size refers to the threads, the part of the fitting that screws into the block/radiator/pump.

Almost all fittings use this thread size.

Anything that isn't in G1/4" is usually just going to be a plug or an adapter going to the G1/4" size.

So this part you don't have to worry about.

For the pump you've chosen, all of the ports in the pump are using G1/4".

The only part of this that doesn't (I also have an XSPC tube res) is at the top of the reservoir.

It's just one big plug. It's mainly there to aid in filling and draining, either for pouring water in or letting air out.

----

The thing that really matters when it comes to fittings and sizing, is matching the fitting size to the tubing size.

All fittings will have a size that corresponds to the size of tubing they are compatible with.

This just means that when you're selecting fittings, you'll want to make sure they are all for the size and type of tubing you're getting.

In my case, I got compression fittings for soft tubing.

I selected a 1/2"ID - 3/4"OD tube. That's 1/2 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter.

I chose fittings that were advertised for 1/2"ID - 3/4"OD and everything fit just fine.

That was just an example. You're free to chose a different size and style of tubing. Just make sure to get fittings that match it.

---