brught new parts.

inyourmindz

hello everyone. So i brught a new motherboard (tuf z370 plus-gaming) and a i8400 with 2x8 gb 2666 mhz ballistix sport gaming ram. so i took my computer appart ( i have build computers befor so i know how to take it out and put in the new) after putting in everything i wanted to boot it up to see if it posts. After turning it on it did not post i looked into the computer and noticed that i havent put the grapich cars properly in so i pushed it in without turning of the computer (brainfart). and after 1 and a half hour of trouble shooting still no picture on the screen not from onborad grapich or from the grapich card. i have tryed another powersupply 750w ( dont know the name ) and i cleared cmos with connecting the 2 pins as the manual said and tryed clearing it by taking out the 3v battery. 

what do i do now ? did i break it cuz of the breafart with the grapich card ? 

Specs

motherboard : Tuf z370 plus-Gaming

Cpu : i5 8400 

ram : 16gb 2666 mhz ballistix sport gaming memory 

gpu : asus strix 1060 6 GB

Psu 600W LC6600GP2 V2.3 - GREEN POWER

if theres anything i missed the please ask :)

THX FOR YOU TIME !!!!! :)

i tried to put the ram in other slots and still nothing. ill check the cpu :)

21 minutes ago, inyourmindz said:

i tried to put the ram in other slots and still nothing. ill check the cpu :)

Try 1 stick of ram. If that doesn't boot try the other channel. If nothing still, repeat with the other ram stick.

Your motherboard may also have a memok button. Push that as well.

i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 1.37v | Asus Z490-E Strix | Asus Rtx 2080ti Strix | 16Gb Trident Z Rgb @ 3600MHz | Samsung 970 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w  | Corsair 500D | Celcius s36 /w ML Pro's

i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz, 1.31v | Asus Z370-A Prime | Asus Gtx 1080ti Strix | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | Samsung 850 Evo | Corsair TX 650W  | Corsair 750D | Corsair H100i v2 /w SP-120's

15 minutes ago, Silentsoul said:

Try 1 stick of ram. If that doesn't boot try the other channel. If nothing still, repeat with the other ram stick.

Your motherboard may also have a memok button. Push that as well.

Done that does not work :) om starting to Think that the motherboard or cpu is broken:) 

If you just installed the CPU, you should make sure there isn't anything on the contacts and that none of your pins are bent or have anything on them.  Otherwise if you have another CPU or motherboard to try, this might be the time as it seems like the board may have been broken if you cannot even deliver power to it with a secondary Power Supply.

2 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

If you just installed the CPU, you should make sure there isn't anything on the contacts and that none of your pins are bent or have anything on them.  Otherwise if you have another CPU or motherboard to try, this might be the time as it seems like the board may have been broken if you cannot even deliver power to it with a secondary Power Supply.

it gets power becouse the rgb lights up :) but i dont know if the socket can be broken some how but it's late for me now ill check the socket for dust and ill check the pins to :)

so after going through the cpu and motherboard i noticed that a pin was bend and i put it back in place and now it boots and posts on the screen !!!!:) 

thx for the help guys ! :)

On 3/9/2018 at 11:51 PM, inyourmindz said:

so after going through the cpu and motherboard i noticed that a pin was bend and i put it back in place and now it boots and posts on the screen !!!!:) 

thx for the help guys ! :)

Glad to hear the fix was found.  Do you know if you accidentally bent it after taking off the plastic shield for the motherboard socket pins, or did it seem to come that way?  You'd have a valid gripe with your motherboard company if it came new in box with a went pin.  Just a thought.