Being plagued by the strangest bug with the lockscreen slideshow in Windows 10 can someone help?

Hi,

So the issue is that the lockscreen slideshow seems to only appear if one of two conditions are met; either the screen time out setting needs to be set to 1 minute or if it's set higher certain programs (mostly games, though they don't need to be in full screen) that when active in the foreground (so actually clicked on the program) the LS SS will appear as normal, if the program is running but I'm say clicked on the desktop it won't work.

As far as I'm aware the issue started to occur after I tried out DisplayFusion, not sure if started when I installed or after but I started noticing it after I uninstalled the program. Another thing to note is that when I installed DF my current power plan was set using GPEDIT.MSC. I was speaking to the DF devs but they seem to have gone rather quiet after telling them about the Group Policy setting so I think it might play a part with the issue. I have since set the GP setting back to Not Configured, hasn't made a difference.

I've gone through every trouble shooting thing I can think of and can find online, all have led absolutely nowhere so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.