Getting NEW MB need CPU recomm

Hey guys due to some sort of failure of my PC i have decieded to get a new rig, my friend has a H110-m-K asus MB which he is giving to me what CPU is best budget does not matter to go on with this MB? and will i be able to overclock the K versions on this one got h105 corsair as an CPU cooler

What are your other specs?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

What are your other specs?

gtx 1080, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz ; SSD 256GB, 1 TB HDD, PSU 650 W DeepCool

Just now, bubuie said:

gtx 1080, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz ; SSD 256GB, 1 TB HDD, PSU 650 W DeepCool

You can't overclock on a h110 motherboard, I recommend either an 8600k on a z370 motherboard or a ryzen 7 on a b350 motherboard

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

You can't overclock on a h110 motherboard, I recommend either an 8600k on a z370 motherboard or a ryzen 7 on a b350 motherboard

only budget i have is for CPU atm

Just now, bubuie said:

only budget i have is for CPU atm

What is that budget?  The best you could get with that motherboard is a 7th series i7 7700k, otherwise you could get ryzen 5 1600 +b350 motherboard for $70

My current rig:

What is that budget?  The best you could get with that motherboard is a 7th series i7 7700k, otherwise you could get ryzen 5 1600 +b350 motherboard for $70

so i7 7700k is worth to go with it right?

Just now, bubuie said:

No. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VKx9TW/intel-core-i7-7700k-42ghz-quad-core-processor-bx80677i77700k

The i7 is $320 and https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FmrKM8 a ryzen 7 and a motherboard is $340

My current rig:

2 minutes ago, bubuie said:

That would be fine, just understand that you won't be able to overclock the 7700k on that board even thought that is one of the main features of a K series CPU. Honestly though even a stock clocked 7700k will still provide you with ample performance.

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...

1 minute ago, CheeseburgerChad said:

That would be fine, just understand that you won't be able to overclock the 7700k on that board even thought that is one of the main features of a K series CPU. Honestly though even a stock clocked 7700k will still provide you with ample performance.

you mean i7 7700 without K? price difference exist b/w those two, so stick with the i7 ? tell you truth i am mainly focusing on gaming rather then editing multitasking etc, read that i5 s are good aswell idk that's why i am trying to find an answer

3 minutes ago, bubuie said:

you mean i7 7700 without K? price difference exist b/w those two, so stick with the i7 ? tell you truth i am mainly focusing on gaming rather then editing multitasking etc, read that i5 s are good aswell idk that's why i am trying to find an answer

If all you are doing is gaming, and you are on a budget, it is probably better to go with the i5 7600. If you have the extra cash, and you are set on sticking with Intel, then sure, go for the i7 7700. Otherwise, going Ryzen may just be the better way to go, especially as it provides a much better upgrade path.

1 minute ago, bubuie said:

Well the K is still faster out of the box than the non-K even if you don't overclock due to its faster base clock speed. All we're trying to say is you won't be able to overclock on the motherboard you are getting, which is a deal-breaker for many people. However, since it sounds like you're not willing to buy a different board, your fastest option is still a non-overclocked 7700k regardless. It is the fastest consumer-grade CPU for that socket.

Meh some build specs...

If considering an i5, the 7600k is pretty much identical to the i7-7700k, just without hyperthreading, meaning both have 4 cores, but the i7 will have 8 threads which I would argue makes it slightly more "future-proof" for when games start utilizing more cores/threads. It's really up to you, they should perform very similarly for gaming these days and your decision should be based on budget.

Meh some build specs...

17 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

The Ryzen CPU listed here is roughly 30% slower than a 7700k for gaming, why would this make sense?

Meh some build specs...

7 minutes ago, bubuie said:

i don't consider 7th series and older i5 CPUs a good value any more.

not if you buy new anyways - 4 cores / 4 threads for 200 bucks is not a good value by 2018 standards. - if you find a used i5 for under 100 that might be ok

i have just seen a used i7 7700 for 200 bucks on ebay. 

Just now, CheeseburgerChad said:

The Ryzen CPU listed here is roughly 30% slower than a 7700k for gaming, why would this make sense?

It's a better upgrade path than a 1xx motherboard, however I'm not against the 7700k, I'd recommend the 7700 though on a h110 motherboard, even if the clock speeds are slower.

My current rig:

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

It's a better upgrade path than a 1xx motherboard, however I'm not against the 7700k, I'd recommend the 7700 though on a h110 motherboard, even if the clock speeds are slower.

I suppose, although OP shouldn't need to upgrade from a 7th gen i7 for quite some time unless they decide to start doing tasks that require more cores. Also, it's a 6% cost difference with a 15% performance increase across the board, I suppose either would be fine but I'd still go with the K. 

Meh some build specs...

==***Warning***===  If you get a 7th generation intel cpu make sure the BIOS is updated on the H110M-K motherboard. Minimum version for 7th gen. on that board is "3016".