Blackwidow Chroma replacement.

223342_1454181628

I've had my blackwidow chroma for just over three years now, and the switches are feeling different, so I've decided to buy a new keyboard. I have the razer green switches and am interested in moving to either a k70 or a hyperx alloy fps. I'm either going to get blue or brown switches, but would like to know how they would feel compared to the razer green switches (the only mechanical switches I have ever used in person). How is the sound between the mx blues and the razer greens? 

27 minutes ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

I've had my blackwidow chroma for just over three years now, and the switches are feeling different, so I've decided to buy a new keyboard. I have the razer green switches and am interested in moving to either a k70 or a hyperx alloy fps. I'm either going to get blue or brown switches, but would like to know how they would feel compared to the razer green switches (the only mechanical switches I have ever used in person). How is the sound between the mx blues and the razer greens? 

the Green Switches fell most similar to the MX Blues. I went form Razer Green to MXreds and really liked it however. 

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

1 hour ago, 223342_1454181628 said:

I'm either going to get blue or brown switches, but would like to know how they would feel compared to the razer green switches (the only mechanical switches I have ever used in person). How is the sound between the mx blues and the razer greens? 

i have a black widow tournament with green switches and a cheap mechanical with non-cherry blue switches and if those are anything to go by, they are very similar to greens.

maybe the blues require a LITTLE bit more force to press and have a more defined actuation point.

It's weird that it feels different.  MX greens are like MX Reds plus MX Blues.

If you want to stick with razer i can recommend the newer blackwidow v2 with the orange switches. I had a Mech. Keyboard with mxreds from corsair earlier on, but i was not very happy how the software worked on corsair and another feature i quit like is the lighing effects in overwatch and i would really hoper there would be more games to allow these effects.