Windows Blackscreening After Boot [FIX]

Reconciliasion

If you guys need help when your PC blackscreens after booting then you might wanna remove the GPU driver and take it from there...

First go into Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs. If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please try uninstalling the display card by the steps below:

1. Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.

2. Double click to expand the Display adapters.

3. Right click ATI Radeon Whatever or Nvidia whatever and click Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Please check if the issue occurs. If the issue does not occur after uninstalling the display card, please run Windows Update to install the driver or visit the amd/nvidia website and download the auto-detect tool...

However, if the issue persists in Safe Mode, the issue can be related to the monitor. Please capture a screenshot of the issue by the steps below and we will help to check it:

Capture screenshot

============

1. Please reproduce this issue and log in to the system.

2. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard to capture a screenshot of the issue.

3. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

4. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

5. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

6. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

7. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.

For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Get back to me if you need help :-)

I think its a good idea if people do this.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Helpful debugging guide! I have seen this happening before, and troubleshooting it then was a pain.

Very Helpful !

I had Windows 8 install the nVidia driver without telling me after the first boot, and when I tried installing the drivers over it it broke my drivers. :/

By the way booting into safe mode in Windows 8 is like running a marathon.

My dream in life is to live of quality internet fiber and junk food.