issues with ram

techcuriosity

Hi, recently I tried to upgrade a bit my asus m2n-e mobo by installing better ram(see on pic), but installed ram did not work and my mobo just continiuosly was beeping. I have tried all configurations, nothing works. Reasons for that could just be a bad ram, or one stick require other ram pair which I do not have, or simply my bios is outdated. If talking about bios, on asus support page, noticed that only cpu's require certain bios version , there's no mention about bios version update  while installing new ram. Also when I looking for specifications on my ram, there's no mention about supported ram configurations, whether it's should be one module, one pair or 2pairs should be installed within certain ram module. So just want to esnure, whether I need to update my bios or not, also I would like to know where I could  find information about ram supported configurations, because I could not find any by ram model specs, perhabs there are good webpages of ram modules with detailed informations, also if someone knows any good programs to identify my current running ram, I would like to know about it..

asus ram.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

IMG_9184.JPG

It could be ram incompatibility, it good be bad ram.

A bios update wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

21 minutes ago, TARS said:

That's the point, that I even can't find info about ram available configurations, I just can't find any info about it online, From picture you can relate that despite ram configuration, this patriot ram should be okay with my mobo..

26 minutes ago, TARS said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about..

confi.PNG

The ram is the correct type and on paper the speed is handled by the motherboard, but that doesn’t mean it’s compatible... all to often ram is incompatible with mother boards, often manufacturers update their bios overtime to increase compatibility but there is no guarantee.

You might want to reset the CMOS just in case.

I imagine you can’t even run a mem test as it won’t post?

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

this is what i would do:

1. put old ram back in to make the computer boot
  2. update bios
  3. after update is successful, remove old ram again
  4. install only a single stick of new ram, try each stick on its own - if the pc can boot with some sticks from that kit but not with others, you probably got dead ram sticks - if NONE of the sticks can boot, it's more likely that the ram is incompatible.