Need help with Mac screenshots

ShadowWolf810
Go to solution Solved by Exothermia,
3 minutes ago, ShadowWolf810 said:

That is perfect thank you very much! 

I just had another thought, I think I'll use both screenshots if you've got time to make one quick addition. 

Exact same layout on everything else, but can you do another and put a folder inside of "Control" called "Learning Avid Project" and twirl Control open. 

After that I'll be golden! Thanks again

Like this? 

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 22.16.44.png

Hi all, 

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm not exactly sure where else this would go.

I'm making a tutorial for my editing professor to help new students learn editing software called Avid Media Composer. When a brand new class comes in, they aren't always super computer literate and apparently there was some confusion with setting up the correct file structure to follow the along with the tutorial. I think some screenshots would help, however the lab that they'll be doing it in uses Macs and I'm making the tutorial on Windows. 

So I'm basically asking anyone out there with a spare 5 minutes to take a screenshot for me. If you have an empty USB laying around that would be helpful too! 

If you could rename the USB to "Editing Drive" then recreate this folder structure on it, and screenshot the explorer window in the view where you can see all the folders twirled out from each other I'd be very thankful! 

ada12c4cb0ce4369830d6bf60f7f17e1.png.bcf24f4b1f13c1ddf3233dbc663e327a.png

On the top level of the drive, you want an "Avid MediaFiles" folder (yes the spacing is correct here) and a "Projects" folder. Within Avid MediaFiles you want one called "MXF," and within the MXF folder, a folder called "1"

Then in the Projects folder, 1 folder called "Learning Avid" and within the Learning Avid folder you want 4 folders called "Control," Exports," "Renders," and "Source."

Thanks again for anyone who has the time to help me out! 

Hoping this is what you were looking for :) If I did anything wrong tell me and ill fix it.

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 22.03.07.png

1 minute ago, Exothermia said:

Editing in a minute from macbook

Thanks so much! Will save me a lot hassle :)

6 minutes ago, Exothermia said:

Hoping this is what you were looking for :) If I did anything wrong tell me and ill fix it.

I just had another thought, I think I'll use both screenshots if you've got time to make one quick addition. 

Exact same layout on everything else, but can you do another and put a folder inside of "Control" called "Learning Avid Project" and twirl Control open. 

Like this? 

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 22.16.44.png

Yup, exactly what I needed! I owe you one :D

Exothermia#7424 on discord if you need to get in touch for more later on. I don't regularly check the forums

1 minute ago, Exothermia said:

Exothermia#7424 on discord if you need to get in touch for more later on. I don't regularly check the forums

Looks like it was my lucky day! Thanks, I should be good but I'll hit you up if I think of anything!