Laptop suggestions

Go to solution Solved by Megabikerjoe,

I've been using a Thinkpad T430 for one year now which I bought for 230€ used on ebay. I am also studying computer science and it's really powerful enough for everything you're gonna do there.

I upgraded it to a SSD and 12GB RAM and the biggest battery. I can get through most of the day on a single charge (7-9h) and never had any problems with it.

Many fellow students with newer rather cheap laptops struggle with compatibilty issus with different OS's whereas I've never had any issues with it.

The only real problem I see with it is it's TN Panel which really isn't great.

I spent most of my money on building a gaming rig. I have only around 400 ish dollers left to buy a laptop to get me started in college. I will be studying cs engineering. First year is just basic c++. And copying projects from the Internet. Please help. 

good ram( ddr4 8gb++)

integrated vga

ryzen 1600++ or i7 2.5ghz or 3ghz++

and up-gradable storage ssd slot(so it would come with no ssd at all but u can put it later)

I've been using a Thinkpad T430 for one year now which I bought for 230€ used on ebay. I am also studying computer science and it's really powerful enough for everything you're gonna do there.

I upgraded it to a SSD and 12GB RAM and the biggest battery. I can get through most of the day on a single charge (7-9h) and never had any problems with it.

Many fellow students with newer rather cheap laptops struggle with compatibilty issus with different OS's whereas I've never had any issues with it.

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

1 minute ago, Megabikerjoe said:

I checked. It is not available on Amazon India. And eBay India is not trustworthy. Thanks though. 

4 minutes ago, Megabikerjoe said:

Wait found it. Costs around 500 dollers on Amazon. But that'll work.