xbox one controller issue w10

noobbuilder

hi i just upgraded to windows10 a couple of weeks ago and i have noticed that the games i have installed in the last 2 days the triggers dont act right or work at all on the xbox one controller on pc ,but older games that were already installed on windows 8.1 work fine.

not working tales of berseria neither triggers work ....Sniper elite 3 the right trigger will fire gun but the left trigger only brings up crosshairs never a scope. now if i plug in my ps4 controller the triggers work in both games.

games the triggers work fine on skyrim,fallout 4,mafia 3 and ghost recon wildlands (not sure if these have less trigger sensitivity required and thats why they work ?)

if i use the windows 10 gamepad calibration tool the z axis starts at 50% which is normal and then one trigger is supposed to make it go to 0% and the other goes to 100% ,but on my controller it starts at 50% then only goes to 37% and 62%.

when i plug in my ps4 controller and use w10 calibrate it labels it as a 360 controller and the z axis works right 0% to 100%.

when i plug in my 360 wireless controller the z axis goes from 0% to 100% also ....so it definitely (i think) has to do with the w10 xbox one controller drivers.

so i thought maybe my controllers worn out but i plugged it in a w8.1 pc and the z axis triggers goes 0% to 100% so the xbox one controller is fine .

anyone know what i can do to get my xbox one controller working right again ?

source of calibration http://www.supportrix.com/kb/how-to-use-your-windows-10-pc-to-calibrate-your-game-controller/

Thanks

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

8 minutes ago, noobbuilder said:

-snip- 

Did you try reinstalling the drivers for the controller?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

yes a million times..

But yay i fixed it and i think i know how it got screwed up too.

about a week ago i downloaded xbox accessories app from microsoft store but it wanted me to sign in to a micrsoft acct . so i uninstalled it.

i just thought id reinstall it and see if the mapping would allow me to adjust the triggers ...so i reinstalled xbox accessories app restarted pc so it would recognize controller then it said i need to update the controller so i did then i signed into a ms acct then went to reset the mappings and bam it worked full triggers now...

i am convinced this is what screwed it up and what fixed it ..

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

1 hour ago, noobbuilder said:

-Snip-

The xbox accessories App for Windows 10 allows your controller to get the updates that are given to controllers on the xbox one. Sooo it most likely got screwed during the transition to windows 10 from 8.1 (Not surprised really) And when a new update pushed it on it recalibrated it. Or well that's what I think. I highly doubt an app could cause the calibration issue if it was installed correctly.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...