Any recommended Equalizer apps?

Hey, I just got my OP 5T and, for some reason, Spotify doesn't have its built-in Equalizer when I go into its settings.

I know that the phone itself has a built-in one but, that doesn't have stuff like a bass booster.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

If your phone has a built in EQ you should be able to adjust the low end band. I really wouldn't recommend using an EQ though. If you want more bass just buy a bass heavy pair of headphones instead.

1 hour ago, Kilobytez95 said:

If your phone has a built in EQ you should be able to adjust the low end band. I really wouldn't recommend using an EQ though. If you want more bass just buy a bass heavy pair of headphones instead.

Got any recommendations? I mostly listen to Metal and Rock.

15 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Good headphones that are worth the price are roughly around 150-300 USD. You can get cheaper headphones, but they usually have to compromise somewhere that you'll notice later on if they sound good. I have some Audio-Technica M50 headphones that I got 5-6 years ago for about $140. There's currently a newer model called the M50x that has a detachable cable (makes broken wires easy to replace). They've held up very well over the years and they sound great for any kind of music. They're more balanced than bass heavy since they're professional studio monitor headphones, but the bass is still great. I prefer professional studio headphones because that's what the producers and musicians use to listen to their music as they're making it. I like to believe that I'm hearing the music the way it was meant to sound, or close enough.

3 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Good headphones that are worth the price are roughly around 150-300 USD. You can get cheaper headphones, but they usually have to compromise somewhere that you'll notice later on if they sound good. I have some Audio-Technica M50 headphones that I got 5-6 years ago for about $140. There's currently a newer model called the M50x that has a detachable cable (makes broken wires easy to replace). They've held up very well over the years and they sound great for any kind of music. They're more balanced than bass heavy since they're professional studio monitor headphones, but the bass is still great. I prefer professional studio headphones because that's what the producers and musicians use to listen to their music as they're making it. I like to believe that I'm hearing the music the way it was meant to sound, or close enough.

The M50x looks pretty good but, I don't know much about headphones so, any suggestions about what to look for in specs?

I'm not looking for the best of the best here because I'm in no way an audiophile I just like music.

My right ear is pretty busted so, 7.1 sounds and all that doesn't do much for me sadly. :/

10 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

The M50x looks pretty good but, I don't know much about headphones so, any suggestions about what to look for in specs?

I'm not looking for the best of the best here because I'm in no way an audiophile I just like music.

My right ear is pretty busted so, 7.1 sounds and all that doesn't do much for me sadly. :/

Specs for headphones is a tricky subject, but the impedance (Ohms) is something to watch out for. Headphones with a lot of impedance will need a headphone amplifier. Headphones with a lot of impedance also tend to sound better, but you may not want to pay for or carry an amp around. Personally, I'd base my choice on headphone reviews and pay special attention to anything about durability. Nothing sucks more than paying good money for something only to see it break before you feel ready to replace it. I'd also look at the frequency responses of headphones. Flatter frequency responses are more balanced. Headphone.com is a good resource.

Here's the Headphone.com page for the M50x: https://www.headphone.com/products/audio-technica-ath-m50x

If you click on the "Headroom Labs" tab, you can see the frequency response. You'll see that the M50x is a bit stronger in the bass and weaker in the highs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Pretty much just look for headphones with a V shaped frequency response. Generally more bass less mids and more highs sounds better for rock and metal. As someone who enjoys metal myself it really depends what you like. I prefer a flat sound overall but with metal and rock a little extra bass and treble is also nice.