Steam OS installation

nokturrduk84

Anyone tried already it?

I wanted to install, but I heard it gonna delete everything in you PC, so I don't want to risk my files. If anyone already installed it, can you tell me does it format all drives or you can choose them?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Its not recommended for people new to linux and you'll only be able to run linux steam games

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

you can try it on a virual machine 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

You install through a USB, but it has to have less than 32GB of memory because the file system (FAT32) only supports a certain amount. I have a 64GB Flash USB, so it will not work;  I have to ordered for a cheap USB just to install Steam OS. Tried turning the zip file to a iso file so I can install through a DVD, but it refused to boot.

Its not recommended for people new to linux and you'll only be able to run linux steam games

Aww, that sucks. I thought I could run all my games. 90% of modern games on Steam are for windows. Why the hell they chose OS which doesn't support them?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

to make it so that you dont have to pay $100 on top just for a windows license

as many people say Linux is the future

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

A) Steam is one of the biggest game shops/platforms for PC. If they move to Unix (Debian in this case), they probably want the developers to do so as well. They want an Open Source environment for their own platform, and with Unix it's more secure than any other one (Windows), and it's not elitist (Mac OS).

B ) Wait at least for the final release if you dont know how to play with Linux. It's hard to understand at first, and right now the beta build needs a little bit of knowledge in commands and so on. Plus, it doesn't support AMD or Intel GPUs.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White