Theoretical CPU UPgrade Question

Good day you fine Gentlefolk,

Lately and for the foreseeable future my build has had to work more and game less. Namely Video Editing and 3D Rendering from Maya and Mudbox.

Now with Ryzen 2 coming up and Ryzen 1 being sold for cheaper than before i was thinking if it would be worth it to upgrade to an 8c/16t thread cpu from my current 6700k. All Benchmarks pretty much say that there is an increase in performance in those areas but is it actually worth it? Has anyone made a similar change and can confirm that Rendering and CPU Heavy tasks that aren't gaming feel much faster and better? I'm just unsure if the 400+€ Investment will be worth it or if i should just stick to my current CPU until it is way to slow for everything

I feel like you would be investing a lot of money in a new mobo and CPU for little to no perceivable performance benefit in day to day tasks and gaming. So I would say it depends on what you use your computer for and if you have been having trouble running any of the software you currently use.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

Just now, Johntheawesomeguy said:

I feel like you would be investing a lot of money in a new mobo and CPU for little to no perceivable performance benefit in day to day tasks and gaming. So I would say it depends on what you use your computer for and if you have been having trouble running any of the software you currently use.

Yeah that's what i was thinking too.

While working in Maya and Mudbox there isn't any performance issue. It would mainly benefit rendertimes since Mayas render engine can only use the CPU.

10 minutes ago, FSopDesigns said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking too.

While working in Maya and Mudbox there isn't any performance issue. It would mainly benefit rendertimes since Mayas render engine can only use the CPU.

yea true, unfortunately. vray too...

it will help on render times significantly. just look at the cinebench r 15 score its a rendering test