DELL vs. LG

Tilman

Hi everybody,

I recently bought the Philips BDM4037UW and loved the large 40 inches but the extreme image ghosting was a dealbreaker for me!

Now I want to buy something similar as a replacement and basically I narrowed it down to the DELL P4317Q and the LG 43UD79.

Actually I didn't even find any other displays in that category and price range.

Did I not look hard enough?

And what brand would you trust for a display this size? DELL or LG?

Thank you very much for your help!

How long does it take to notice ghosting?   I've only had my lg 43 for a few days, but I have had windows in the same spot for the entire time, when I move them I don't see anything sticking.

So far I am really pleased with this display.  Easier on the eyes than I thought it would be.  Fatigue and eye strain are important to me.

I did include a short video in my previous post about the Philips.  Perhaps ghosting is not exactly the correct word for it. Maybe 'trailing' describes better what is happening. (black portions of the image have a 10-20 frame long trail when moving)

However: You score 1:0 for the LG... :D

2 minutes ago, Tilman said:

I did include a short video in my previous post about the Philips.  Perhaps ghosting is not exactly the correct word for it. Maybe 'trailing' describes better what is happening. (black portions of the image have a 10-20 frame long trail when moving)

However: You score 1:0 for the LG... :D

I moved a black terminal window around, it just has a slight effect due to the 60fps frame rate I assume, but nothing that I would call trailing.  I have a decent 27" 1440 panel next to it and it doesn't act much different.  I think these huge high res monitors could show a problem a lot more easily.  Any visual abnormality at all would show up really well.  So far I haven't noticed anything.

Thank you very much for testing that!

The Philips is pretty good aside from the trailing-issue.