Budget gaming rig

recently bought an i3 2120 3.3

When I look at fast manager I only have 2 core and 2 logical procesors shouldby this gpu have 2 cores 4 threads. Before I had an Pentium g640 and I have seen no fps difference at all

My specs 

I3 2120 

8gb ddr3 ram

Gtx 750ti

Most games won't see any differences because usually it won't get benefit from extra threads (only cores)

I don't know what games and resolution you've tested, on GTA V it improves minimum FPS, may not necessarily add more fps into it with same rig and config.

I actually had similar journey like you, my first cpu after whole upgrade is G630 then I move on to G2010, then i3 3220, and now i5 3470

The most significant upgrades is from i3 to i5, with dota2 this is the first time I get 3 digits of FPS all setting on very high.

Just now, Blebekblebek said:

Most games won't see any differences because usually it won't get benefit from extra threads (only cores)

I don't know what games and resolution you've tested, on GTA V it improves minimum FPS, may not necessarily add more fps into it with same rig and config.

I actually had similar journey like you, my first cpu after whole upgrade is G630 then I move on to G2010, then i3 3220, and now i5 3470

The most significant upgrades is from i3 to i5, with dota2 this is the first time I get 3 digits of FPS all setting on very high.

I only have 2 threads doe why would that be

4 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

All i3 except new gen had 2 cores 4 threads.

Yeah but in my task manager only 2 threads show up

let me paraphrased it better

2 cores + 2 extra threads

Each Logical cores is also a thread.

i5 have 4 cores, and also 4 threads

i3 have 2 cores, and also 4 threads it means 2 threads in each core.

2 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

let me paraphrased it better

2 cores + 2 extra threads

Each Logical cores is also a thread.

i5 have 4 cores, and also 4 threads

i3 have 2 cores, and also 4 threads it means 2 threads in each core.

I found the problem I forgot to reset the settings for bios so my old settings were still on so now I can see 4 threads

28 minutes ago, DANPLAYSGAMES said:

recently bought an i3 2120 3.3

When I look at fast manager I only have 2 core and 2 logical procesors shouldby this gpu have 2 cores 4 threads. Before I had an Pentium g640 and I have seen no fps difference at all

My specs 

I3 2120 

8gb ddr3 ram

Gtx 750ti

you should see 2 core and 4 logical processors

Check in your BIOS make sure hyper-threading is enabled.

also, if you see no FPS increase it might also be because you are limited by your graphics card most of the time...GTX 750ti is on the really weak side of the scale when it comes to gaming GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

21 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you should see 2 core and 4 logical processors

Check in your BIOS make sure hyper-threading is enabled.

also, if you see no FPS increase it might also be because you are limited by your graphics card most of the time...GTX 750ti is on the really weak side of the scale when it comes to gaming GPU.

I fixed it now it runs bo3 120 fps low settings 720p and fortnite at 80 fps medium settings 720p