Gigabyte Aero 15X super weird problem with USB port

Hello guys! I've been watching LTT videos from both YouTube and Bilibili.com (because they have funny flying-subtitle thingy there), and this is my first post asking for help.

I bought an Aero 15X right after it's in stock in Australia (which is actually before LTT made that video lol)image.png.2d2b5affcd58ddb5f66299f81ef19508.png

After using it for about a month I'd say it's a nearly perfect laptop, until recently I encounter a super weird problem. The only USB port on the left works fine, but if I plug in a HUB on it, none of the HUB port would work; Whereas the two USB port (not including the type-c one) on the right only recognize storage devices! They work with flash drives, Portable HDDs and Portable SSD (M.2 with converter case), yet they don't work with any Mouse or Keyboard or Xbox one joystick or Steel series joystick, or any Smartphones(All of these I have mentioned are what I have tried). I've built more than 7 PCs  and several laptops for myself and other people but this is the first time I encounter such problem, because normally the USB faulty on Laptop is normally caused by Power shortage, but Storage devices require higher voltage than Peripheral devices or Smartphones (date transfer).and weirdly an Arduino UNO board worked at both ports on the right????

I have tried to:

Re-install all the drivers

Install the drivers pack that came with the Laptop, I downloaded it from Gigabyte website

Update the drivers

Change cables

Find different devices to test (3 different gaming mouses and 5 wireless mouse with USB transmitter/Receiver, 2 HDDs, 1 SSD, 4 Flash Drives, 1 iPhone and 3 Android Phones)

Checked the USB Selective Suspend Settings, it is at "off"

But none of the methods above worked.

I am really confused, so can anyone tell me possible reasons of such problem and how can I fix it?

There's no physical (visible) damage done to any of the port, but I've been shocked with static when I touch the keyboard for several times. Even if static is the case, shouldn't that reflect as the whole port not working rather than work with certain devices?

Since it's so hard to believe the bug distinguishes device type into "Peripheral/Storage" (And why an Arduino works????), I doubt that the problem is probably related to some conflicts between USB? or Addresses are full? is there any way that I can confirm my guess? You guys might have seen much more problems than I do.

=================================

My system info:

Windows 10 1709 (OS 16299.125) family version, 64bit

i7-7700HQ

16G DDR4 memory, 8*2 2400mhz

512G SM961 SSD (Operating system on it)

525G MX300 SSD

GTX1070 with Max-Q

BIOS Ver. FB01 (Newest version so far)

=================================

Thank you guys so much, I'm going mad with this problem these days!!!!

• 9 months later...

Hi, 

I have the exact same issue as yours. Did you finally find a solution?

I bought the laptop 2nd hand and the seller said the single USB port on the left is broken, which I found out it just doesn't work with mouse/keyboard, but work with external harddrive. After I did a fresh windows reinstall & setup all the drivers, none of the ports is working with mouse/keyboard anymore :( Have to settle for Bluetooth mouse for now but I can barely play any games because of the input lag. 

5 hours ago, peterng1618 said:

Hi, 

I have the exact same issue as yours. Did you finally find a solution?

I bought the laptop 2nd hand and the seller said the single USB port on the left is broken, which I found out it just doesn't work with mouse/keyboard, but work with external harddrive. After I did a fresh windows reinstall & setup all the drivers, none of the ports is working with mouse/keyboard anymore :( Have to settle for Bluetooth mouse for now but I can barely play any games because of the input lag. 

I don't think he is here anymore

Capture.PNG

15 hours ago, voiha said:

I don't think he is here anymore

Capture.PNG

There gone my hope :(

Thanks for letting me know anw.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, So I recently bought an aero 15 (i7 7700hq model) and I discovered a solution to the usb port problem as I had the same issue. right click the windows button and go to device manager. then go to where it says "human interface devices" and under that click on usb. There should be 4 but go through each one and update driver. it wont update it but for me it got my laptop to recognize the port again. Hope this helps1