Gaming/Twitch Streaming PC

maxlund

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T2mNJV

This is a link to my first ever attempt at a PC build. I'm new to building PC's and am looking to play games like PUBG, Fortnite, and CSGO like games while streaming at the same time. I'm open to any suggestions and will accept any custom build ideas or any upgrade ideas to make my build better. Thanks

Unless you're playing at 1440p/144Hz, the 1080 is a little overkill, a 1070 or even 1060 6GB would suffice. That's just my $.02 on that. If you plan on getting heavily into streaming and streaming at high quality, look into a Ryzen 7 CPU, has 2 more multi-threaded cores but will sacrifice gaming performance a little

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

First comment: Don't even dream of cooling an 8700K on a cheapo CPU cooler. You're gonna need at least a 240mm AIO and preferably look into a 280 or 360 if you're gonna overclock.

At the same time I feel like the 1TB SSD is overkill, grab a 525GB MX300 and that'll be enough. 32GB RAM you also may not need. Do 16 and between the savings of both you might afford a 1080 Ti, then you can game at 1440p or 4K.

Do consider Ryzen Threadripper, I don't have a build but someone can make one with it. The additional cores will help especially if you want to stream in 4K.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

You have a bit of an interesting build here. You have some very high-end parts mixed with some fairly low-end parts that I wouldn't use with this build.

I'd recommend getting a *much* better CPU cooler for that beast of a processor. That little 212 evo is gonna struggle.

I'd also get a different model 1080. Especially in such an open-air case, something other than that blower-style card would perform much better.

Lastly, I'd maybe go for some different storage options. You can definitely get some much better performance storage for not much higher of a price.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

12 minutes ago, Unimaginative Name said:

Unless you're playing at 1440p/144Hz, the 1080 is a little overkill, a 1070 or even 1060 6GB would suffice. That's just my $.02 on that. If you plan on getting heavily into streaming and streaming at high quality, look into a Ryzen 7 CPU, has 2 more multi-threaded cores but will sacrifice gaming performance a little

12 minutes ago, Unimaginative Name said:

Brand new to this website so ignore my lack of intelligence on something like this, but is what you have below a preferred build for my intentions?

3 minutes ago, maxlund said:

Brand new to this website so ignore my lack of intelligence on something like this, but is what you have below a preferred build for my intentions?

No, that is simply my personal gaming rig. That was meant strictly for gaming and will not be a perfect fit for your needs. What you're looking for is a high core/thread count CPU and a GPU to play the games you want to play. What monitor do you plan on using?

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

1 minute ago, Unimaginative Name said:

No, that is simply my personal gaming rig. That was meant strictly for gaming and will not be a perfect fit for your needs. What you're looking for is a high core/thread count CPU and a GPU to play the games you want to play. What monitor do you plan on using?

I currently have 2 acer monitors, but am looking to upgrade. My budget is around 1500-2300$ and ive been looking for an already completed build that fits my needs. If you have any good builds or build ideas that would fit my streaming and gaming wants that would be very much appreciated:)