Need help choosing a laptop.

So i'm going to ned a laptop for my next semester, but i cant choose.

Here are some of the requirements i have:

Must have a numpad.

Price must be under 1800 euro.

Atleast a gtx 1050 Ti (Preferably a 1060)

Battery life doesn't matter. (school has wallplugs at desks)

Reliable

Slim design

Just now, 269395_1454182228 said:

Vr or non Vr?

Non-VR is cheaper, VR comes with a 1070 and I think more memory. For your case, I would recommend the non-VR

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Non-VR is cheaper, VR comes with a 1070 and I think more memory. For your case, I would recommend the non-VR

But it has a gtx 1050. and that's not enough for me (Would like to do some gaming during the breaks)

But it has a gtx 1050. and that's not enough for me (Would like to do some gaming during the breaks)

I thought there was a 1060/1050Ti model...? I'll do some looking and I'll get back to you, one minute...

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, 269395_1454182228 said:

My bad, I was thinking of the GS63 Stealth Pro. That one has the 1050Ti

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

My bad, I was thinking of the GS63 Stealth Pro. That one has the 1050Ti

There's one itty bitty problem. The GS63 Stealth pro isn't available in the Netherlands

Try this one, it has a 1060, 7700HQ, 8 gigs of ram a 250 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd. Also a fullsize RGB keyboard and a 17.3" screen

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS73VR-7RF-Stealth-Pro

In my country (The Netherlands) it costs 1300€

Also a slim design so shouldn't be too hard to carry around

CPU Intel Core i5-7500  MoBo MSI B250M PRO RAM 16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR4-2400 GPU MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 + GB 2TB Seagate Barracuda Case Sharkoon VS4-S PSU Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 400

Monitor Acer KG271A + AOC G2460VQ6 Keyboard Sharkoon Skiller MECH SGK1 (Kaihl Brown) Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite Headset Corsair VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 RGB

VR Oculus Rift

There's one itty bitty problem. The GS63 Stealth pro isn't available in the Netherlands

Dang, tough crowd tonight.

Any chance at all that you can settle for the 1050? It is still a capable GPU and the GS lineup is one of the best slim laptops I've ever seen(they even include a bunch of I/O which isn't a common thing on slim laptops).

Just now, 12chrismi said:

Try this one, it has a 1060, 7700HQ, 8 gigs of ram a 250 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd. Also a fullsize RGB keyboard and a 17.3" screen

That had crossed my mind as well, but I didn't mention it due to the fact that it has a 17" screen and the OP is a student that might not want to lug around a machine that huge. :)

2 minutes ago, 12chrismi said:

Is there a more premium option, i want the laptop to last around 4 years.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

That had crossed my mind as well, but I didn't mention it due to the fact that it has a 17" screen and the OP is a student that might not want to lug around a machine that huge. :)

Yeah I figured that too, but didn't really find anything else for a good price, and at 2.4 kilos it aint heavy, just a little large B|

CPU Intel Core i5-7500  MoBo MSI B250M PRO RAM 16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR4-2400 GPU MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 + GB 2TB Seagate Barracuda Case Sharkoon VS4-S PSU Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 400

Monitor Acer KG271A + AOC G2460VQ6 Keyboard Sharkoon Skiller MECH SGK1 (Kaihl Brown) Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite Headset Corsair VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 RGB

VR Oculus Rift

3 minutes ago, 269395_1454182228 said:

Solid choice imo. Problem is with all the high end gaming laptops is that all of them are plastic, but you'll sure get some attention in class :P

VR Oculus Rift