GTX 1080ti problem

Bush Badger

I recently recieved a very unique GPU. it is a blood splattered (literally) GTX 1080ti armor from MSI with 2 fins snapped off on the left fan. The main problem is that when I first got it it wont post at all, then i replugged the GPU and display port decided to post and I was able to squeeze a quick game of PUBG before the uneven fanblade started to cause a mini earthquake in my PC. Now that display port works but I cant get the HDMI to work and I have two monitors. Any suggestion on a fix?

p.s I typed this on my phone and I didnt spell check or whatsoever 

In all seriousness, you could shop around for another cooler for said 1080Ti as long as the screws match up.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Did you buy this used?

I was told that if I can fix it, I can buy it at 40% of the original price. Right now I am just trying to fix it. Regarding the fan blades imma just put an AIO on it via the g12 bracket. (which both will be given to me for free) He already got a new 1080ti trio by msi

Just now, Mr Magic Man said:

I was told that if I can fix it, I can buy it at 40% of the original price. Right now I am just trying to fix it. Regarding the fan blades imma just put an AIO on it via the g12 bracket. (which both will be given to me for free) He already got a new 1080ti trio by msi

if you're removing the cooler anyway ever thing seems fine but that messed up HDMI likely has no fix but component level repair by a expert or someone who is skilled at that. or just steady hands....

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

2 minutes ago, jet224presents said:

if you're removing the cooler anyway ever thing seems fine but that messed up HDMI likely has no fix but component level repair by a expert or someone who is skilled at that. or just steady hands....

nothing seems to be broken, the slot arent bent or anything I dont think its a hardware thing might be a software problem. either way imma try dvi and the other display port

nothing seems to be broken, the slot arent bent or anything I dont think its a hardware thing might be a software problem. either way imma try dvi and the other display port

ya testing is the only way to try except for driver updates...... i would just think if that's not the case there is probably no fix for the HDMI without costly repair  

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

It could be something to do with a bad bios perhaps the guy flashed a diff bios on it. I know when I had my gtx 1080 I flashed it to unlock the voltage limits and that disabled the hdmi port. I'd try taking a look and seeing if the bios says asus or another company. If not just get an adapter or use another port

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

1 minute ago, jet224presents said:

ya testing is the only way to try except for driver updates...... i would just think if that's not the case there is probably no fix for the HDMI without costly repair  

to be honest i dont really mind what works and what not as long as i can get two display working with this GPU at the same time

2 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

It could be something to do with a bad bios perhaps the guy flashed a diff bios on it. I know when I had my gtx 1080 I flashed it to unlock the voltage limits and that disabled the hdmi port. I'd try taking a look and seeing if the bios says asus or another company. If not just get an adapter or use another port

could be an issue, he just upgraded his whole PC build and the 1080ti seemed to be the only thing that doesnt want to work but according to him no port works at all