CPU idle temperature 60+ HELP!

DRAGMA

Hi,

While at BIOS, I am getting 60+ while idle on my AMD TR 1900x, using Kraken x62 as a cooler and Asus Zenith MB.

No overclocking yet, everything is working.

The only thing I am suspecting is that I had to reseat the AIO during assembly. Do I need to reapply thermal paste? 

I would say, reseat the water cooler, it that does not help, try reapplying the thermal paste. Sadly, I do not know much about the AMD TR, so that is all I can say. The worst thing that could happen is that you have a bad CPU, but lets not hope for that.

3 minutes ago, Khaled Kayyali said:

Hi,

While at BIOS, I am getting 60+ while idle on my AMD TR 1900x, using Kraken x62 as a cooler and Asus Zenith MB.

No overclocking yet, everything is working.

The only thing I am suspecting is that I had to reseat the AIO during assembly. Do I need to reapply thermal paste? 

I would Recheck the CPU Cooler and Add alot more thermal paste then usual. Big lines.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

did you remember to peel off the plastic?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

I would Recheck the CPU Cooler and Add alot more thermal paste then usual. Big lines.

5 minutes ago, caspdin said:

I would say, reseat the water cooler, it that does not help, try reapplying the thermal paste. Sadly, I do not know much about the AMD TR, so that is all I can say. The worst thing that could happen is that you have a bad CPU, but lets not hope for that.

I guess I should reseat and reapply thermal paste and test again 

I've had a similar problem when building my PC.

I was using a Kraken X62 watercooling system for cpu i7 7700k. My issue was that I didn't tighten the screws enough. I tightened the screws and rerun the system, it fixed it for me.

I believe it's best i mention that after seeing my team in the bio at 85 degrees idle (celcius). I was very confused because my watercooling was working, i felt some motion in the tubes as i turned them one, and the led on the head was on as well. Tightened it and it solved the problem.

Edit: Same cpu cooler. Yeah you're probably having the same problem. Just tighten the screws bro. Good luck!

Edited by Etharos

3 minutes ago, Etharos said:

I've had a similar problem when building my PC.

I was using a Kraken X62 watercooling system for cpu i7 7700k. My issue was that I didn't tighten the screws enough. I tightened the screws and rerun the system, it fixed it for me.

I believe it's best i mention that after seeing my team in the bio at 85 degrees idle (celcius). I was very confused because my watercooling was working, i felt some motion in the tubes as i turned them one, and the led on the head was on as well. Tightened it and it solved the problem.

Screws are 100% tightened :(

When you're in the BIOS, a pretty high load is put on the CPU to check for instability. My CPU has a 65 watt tdp and reaches 47C in the BIOS, while it idles around 23C in Windows.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

BTW,

while in BIOS, it seems that CPU is being pushed towards 4.1 Ghz, although I didn't change any setting or try to overclock.

It goes around 4000, 4025, 4050 etc,, 

Any reason for this?

there is a msg says:

LN2 mode

Target CPU Freq: 3.8Ghz

Target RAM Freq: 2133 Mhz

I don't know why this is happening? is this normal 

44 minutes ago, Khaled Kayyali said:

BTW,

while in BIOS, it seems that CPU is being pushed towards 4.1 Ghz, although I didn't change any setting or try to overclock.

It goes around 4000, 4025, 4050 etc,, 

Any reason for this?

there is a msg says:

LN2 mode

Target CPU Freq: 3.8Ghz

Target RAM Freq: 2133 Mhz

I don't know why this is happening? is this normal 

BIOS puts a load on the CPU to check for instabiliy, as stated above. Realtime frequency measurments aren't going to be precisely at the target frequency, they should be close though. I wouldn't be concerned, worry about temps for now. Let us know if, after checking for the plastic barrier and reapplying thermal paste, your problem persists.

@michelin_boi=much moto, very wow
need best cpu cooling? add 2 stroke oil (but no, really don't)
5 things newegg doesn't want you to know:

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

Thanks everyone, it looks like BIOS update + reapplying the thermal compound helped a lot.

Now I am at 29c normal and 60c under load. so everything looks fine I guess