Can't find a good amp!!!

MTGKING

I bought 2x Kicker DS60 6.5" speakers and 2x Kicker DS693 6x9" Speakers, and I can't find a good amp to match with their RMS.

The 6.5s have a rms of 60 watts, and the 6x9s have a RMS of 90 watts. 

I need suggestions on the best way to wire them. They replaced my front door and rear 6x9s, but the factory amp in my 2015 Nissan Altima is way to weak to power them. Thanks:D

Those speakers should work with the factory amp, the output wattage of the amp doesn't need to be the same as the maximum wattage of the speakers. You usually want to have an amp that has a higher wattage than your speakers, it allows for some head room. The only issue you might run into with the factory amp is that it was most likely tuned for the factory speakers, so it may not sound all that great with something aftermarket. Adjusting the treble, mid, and bass on the stock headunit should help.

`

Just now, klh2000 said:

Those speakers should work with the factory amp, the output wattage of the amp doesn't need to be the same as the maximum wattage of the speakers. You usually want to have an amp that has a higher wattage than your speakers, it allows for some head room. The only issue you might run into with the factory amp is that it was most likely tuned for the factory speakers, so it may not sound all that great with something aftermarket. Adjusting the treble, mid, and bass on the stock headunit should help.

The problem is that i still have all of the original speakers wired up to my car. The 4 new ones are extra. I basically just want to know a good amp for them.

What is the sensitivity of those speakers?

you don't need anywhere near the maximum rms. I have wharfdale diamond 220's with a 25w amp, and they're rated at max 100w, but the amp drives them to more then loud levels.

when you check the sensitivity, its saying that its the volume (decibels) it reaches at 1 watt of power from one meter away, and for context, a vacuum cleaner is 70db, and a 10 db increase is a 10x increase in volume

1 minute ago, MTGKING said:

The problem is that i still have all of the original speakers wired up to my car. The 4 new ones are extra. I basically just want to know a good amp for them.

I would try the factory head unit with the new speakers first

`

5 minutes ago, k.m.p said:

What is the sensitivity of those speakers?

you don't need anywhere near the maximum rms. I have wharfdale diamond 220's with a 25w amp, and they're rated at max 100w, but the amp drives them to more then loud levels.

when you check the sensitivity, its saying that its the volume (decibels) it reaches at 1 watt of power from one meter away, and for context, a vacuum cleaner is 70db, and a 10 db increase is a 10x increase in volume

4 minutes ago, klh2000 said:

I would try the factory head unit with the new speakers first

I want to to power them with something near maximum RMS though. When they are connected to the car's AMP, you can hear the distortion. That is why I just want a seperate AMP. Plus I bought them for louder bass, and I'm not really getting that as it is. Thanks for helping me btw guys.

1 hour ago, MTGKING said:

I want to to power them with something near maximum RMS though. When they are connected to the car's AMP, you can hear the distortion. That is why I just want a seperate AMP. Plus I bought them for louder bass, and I'm not really getting that as it is. Thanks for helping me btw guys.

Fair enough, maybe edit the title to show your talking about car speakers, as most people will assume your talking about home speakers.

It may also be better to ask in the car section of the off topic chat, you may get a better response.

6 hours ago, k.m.p said:

Fair enough, maybe edit the title to show your talking about car speakers, as most people will assume your talking about home speakers.

It may also be better to ask in the car section of the off topic chat, you may get a better response.

Thanks, I honesty didn't even know there was a car audio section lol.