triple moniters help

Brett_UK
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
Just now, Brett_UK said:

gong by that i wouldnt be able to use them on deasktop for apps like youtube and coding etc and just have the main moniter for games ? i just couldnt use them all in games at the same time ? or best to just get all 1440p moniters ?

You just won't be able to use them in NVIDIA Surround to span games across multiple monitors, you can still use them all on the desktop just fine.

ok so at the moment i have the acer preadtor x34 3444x1400p and im adding 2 27's to the setup....

my question is how will it handle the 2 27's bneing 1080p and the x34 being 1440p ?

will it run them at 1440 or will it run the x34 at 1080p ? or will it run the x34 @1440p and the 27's @1080p ?

will it cause issues in games etc being 2 different res, most times games will only be run on the main display though.

You can choose which resolution you want each monitor to run at by going into the display preferences within Windows.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You can choose which resolution you want each monitor to run at by going into the display preferences within Windows.

oh ok easy as that then so if a gamei run on the x34 @144p and use it on all 3 moniters what will it do to the 1080p moniters ? will it run or not run on them at all ? or will it down grade to run all 3 at thje same time ?

Just now, Brett_UK said:

oh ok easy as that then so if a gamei run on the x34 @144p and use it on all 3 moniters what will it do to the 1080p moniters ? will it run or not run on them at all ? or will it down grade to run all 3 at thje same time ?

I don't know about games and resolution differences. And do you mean 144Hz? 144p is awfully low resolution.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

I don't know about games and resolution differences. And do you mean 144Hz? 144p is awfully low resolution.

1440p lol missed out the 0

im just asking as i dont mind just useing a single moniter for gaming but would like to split it to all 3 if i wanted.

dont really wanna pay for 2 27's at 1440p with g-sync lol the x34 was expencive enouth and to match it would mean another acer preadtor 27 x 2 :/ lol

22 minutes ago, Brett_UK said:

im just asking as i dont mind just useing a single moniter for gaming but would like to split it to all 3 if i wanted.

It won't be possible, NVIDIA Surround requires all monitors to be set to the same resolution. The central monitor would have to be lowered to the same resolution, and furthermore it would have to be 16:9 (1920 × 1080) which means the image would be stretched or have big black bars on the sides of the central monitor.

34 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

It won't be possible, NVIDIA Surround requires all monitors to be set to the same resolution. The central monitor would have to be lowered to the same resolution, and furthermore it would have to be 16:9 (1920 × 1080) which means the image would be stretched or have big black bars on the sides of the central monitor.

ok thanks for that info, maybe i will wait and get some more 1400p moniters instead

38 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

gong by that i wouldnt be able to use them on deasktop for apps like youtube and coding etc and just have the main moniter for games ? i just couldnt use them all in games at the same time ? or best to just get all 1440p moniters ?

Just now, Brett_UK said:

You just won't be able to use them in NVIDIA Surround to span games across multiple monitors, you can still use them all on the desktop just fine.

12 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

ok thanks for that info, now i understand :D