Backlight Bleed - Should I Return?

Received a new Acer XF270HUA today - Love the monitor overall, although I have been noticing a bit of what I think is back light bleed..

Nothing to compare it to so I would appreciate your opinions as to whether its worth returning or not?

1.thumb.jpg.04147618437b654abf3e56bccecc6f03.jpg

correct exposure ^

2.thumb.jpg.d4d4bb7a4d20a1c6ed7ef1a0c3fa0557.jpg

Slight Overexposure ^

20171126_234926.thumb.jpg.6e5a5a790fa1587337a8130426d4e28a.jpg

Auto Exposure in fully dark room

- i7 3770k @4.5 GHz - ASUS P8Z77 - H80i - 16 GB Memory - EVGA 1070 FTW - corsair HX 750w psu - 

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Looks normal to me

Thanks for the reply - In person i'd say that it is just noticeable on dark scenes and pages in a dim room - is this about standard? 

- i7 3770k @4.5 GHz - ASUS P8Z77 - H80i - 16 GB Memory - EVGA 1070 FTW - corsair HX 750w psu - 

20 minutes ago, Supersonic Muffin said:

Received a new Acer XF270HUA today - Love the monitor overall, although I have been noticing a bit of what I think is back light bleed..

Nothing to compare it to so I would appreciate your opinions as to whether its worth returning or not?

1.thumb.jpg.04147618437b654abf3e56bccecc6f03.jpg

correct exposure ^

2.thumb.jpg.d4d4bb7a4d20a1c6ed7ef1a0c3fa0557.jpg

Slight Overexposure ^

20171126_234926.thumb.jpg.6e5a5a790fa1587337a8130426d4e28a.jpg

Auto Exposure in fully dark room

It doesn't look that bad, but if it's really bothering you, you should return it while you can, my monitor had a little bleed in the left corner but it's really not noticeable and I'm glad I didn't return it.

Personally, if I'm going to spend money like that on a monitor it shouldn't have backlight bleed. If it were mine, I would return it or find another monitor that doesn't seem to have as many issues with backlight bleed.

But that's just me, I'm picky xD

7 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Personally, if I'm going to spend money like that on a monitor it shouldn't have backlight bleed. If it were mine, I would return it or find another monitor that doesn't seem to have as many issues with backlight bleed.

But that's just me, I'm picky xD

One problem with that is that the manufacturer might have tolerances in place that allow for slight backlight bleed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

The only problem with that line of reasoning is that the manufacturer might have tolerances in place that allow for slight backlight bleed.

Right. In which case, people like me are unhappy lol.