buying ram

my friend is looking to build a gaming pc, fun times

he has found a 16 gb kit of trident z rgb cl16 for 165 pounds (normally 220) 

he doesn't have the funds to buy a mobo to test it in now, is it worth buying now?

and how often do g skill kits come doa? as he has no means of testing

G-Skill has a pretty good reputation from what I know, should be somewhat reliable at least.

If anything he should have warranty? Don't open them at all until he can test them.

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

G-Skill has a pretty good reputation from what I know, should be somewhat reliable at least.

If anything he should have warranty? Don't open them at all until he can test them.

will he be able to return if he was to build late 2018?

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

should mention aswell its through amazon

3 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

will he be able to return if he was to build late 2018?

Hm, well I don't know. I never buy stuff from amazon so I have no idea how they work and what their rules are.

If it's late 2018 I'd personally wait and buy everything in one go or as close together as possible.

if hes getting them from amazon they normaly give you a 2 week gap to return items back

prity much all ram manufacturers have a life time warrenty so if they end up being defective he should be able to get replacement cards from the manufacturer

43 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Hm, well I don't know. I never buy stuff from amazon so I have no idea how they work and what their rules are.

If it's late 2018 I'd personally wait and buy everything in one go or as close together as possible.

for the most part its banking on car insurance haha, he has 1600 saved right now but insurance should cost around 1300, if thats the case he will be buying the cpu and mobo in december/january

38 minutes ago, gansuk said:

if hes getting them from amazon they normaly give you a 2 week gap to return items back

prity much all ram manufacturers have a life time warrenty so if they end up being defective he should be able to get replacement cards from the manufacturer

this is good to know, thankyou