Display Driver Failed To Start

Stages

I have been getting this even though i have restarted my PC and updated to the latest driver.

Is something wrong with my GPU and should i be worried? 

Could it be windows update cos i updated windows before i notice the messages.

Windows update was called creator or version 1709?  

20171120_094249.jpg

I recommend booting into safe mode, using DDU, and then installing the latest NVidia driver from the NVidia site (you may wish to disconnect your pc from the internet too to prevent windows downloading it's own drivers, so download it in advance and store it somewhere).

It's possible some old driver is on there causing problems with your card.

10 hours ago, Tabs said:

I recommend booting into safe mode, using DDU, and then installing the latest NVidia driver from the NVidia site (you may wish to disconnect your pc from the internet too to prevent windows downloading it's own drivers, so download it in advance and store it somewhere).

It's possible some old driver is on there causing problems with your card.

I just did a clean installation and restarted my PC. When i got on the message was still there but when i clicked clear it went away and now haven't seen it yet unlike before where it would reappear even when i click it to go away. So maybe its fixed?

I would install all update then install video driver after the update are finish

Just now, Stages said:

I just did a clean installation and restarted my PC. When i got on the message was still there but when i clicked clear it went away and now haven't seen it yet unlike before where it would reappear even when i click it to go away. So maybe its fixed?

A clean installation of Windows or a clean installation of the driver through the driver installation program? A clean install of the driver through the installer will get rid of old configs and settings that may be causing problems, but may not get everything.

If it got rid of whatever was causing issues then you should be sorted for now. In case the issue comes back (like the next time Windows 10 is upgraded), try what I suggested previously to make sure that no old drivers are left over on your machine.

28 minutes ago, Tabs said:

A clean installation of Windows or a clean installation of the driver through the driver installation program? A clean install of the driver through the installer will get rid of old configs and settings that may be causing problems, but may not get everything.

If it got rid of whatever was causing issues then you should be sorted for now. In case the issue comes back (like the next time Windows 10 is upgraded), try what I suggested previously to make sure that no old drivers are left over on your machine.

It was for the driver but i will see how it goes and if it comes back I will try wat you have suggested. I also found a file in my D drive called 'end' 1kb in size and when opened with note pad it just shows {}

I scanned it with malwarebytes and avira both said there's no threats so I'm not sure if I should delete this blank file? 

It doesn't show zip or anything.

3 minutes ago, Stages said:

It was for the driver but i will see how it goes and if it comes back I will try wat you have suggested. I also found a file in my D drive called 'end' 1kb in size and when opened with note pad it just shows {}

I scanned it with malwarebytes and avira both said there's no threats so I'm not sure if I should delete this blank file? 

It doesn't show zip or anything.

It certainly doesn't seem like it would be the cause of these problems - probably just a temporary file (possibly for logging) left over by some random program on your machine. A quick search online found many different possible sources for it, like photoshop, star wars: the old republic, and also some random adware injectors.

If you've scanned your system with a reputable antivirus and antimalware tool, I wouldn't worry about it.