Maxtor OneTouch 2

DylanrHay

Hi

I have a Maxtor OneTouch 2 and Windows doesn't recognise it. Even in Disk Management. I was wondering if there is any way of fixing this

Thanks

Dylan ;-)

did it ever show up in your current system with the current OS?

is it something like this ?

seems to be a very old product - can you check to make sure the drive is spinning? probably by touching the enclosure or hearing it

I think these old drives used IDE connections (internally) so perhaps they are not recognizable with new hardware

Photography / Finance / Gaming

44 minutes ago, mok said:

did it ever show up in your current system with the current OS?

is it something like this ?

seems to be a very old product - can you check to make sure the drive is spinning? probably by touching the enclosure or hearing it

I think these old drives used IDE connections (internally) so perhaps they are not recognizable with new hardware

Its the onetouch 2 not 3 but yeah similar. I used it with my laptop maybe 4 months ago but it kept cutting out. Now when I got my desktop it cant recognise it at all. even my laptop can't recognise it. It makes noise but it sounds like this. Wirr Wirr Wirr (Then cuts out) wirr wirr wirr (Then cutts out) over and over again

8 hours ago, DylanHasYouTube said:

Its the onetouch 2 not 3 but yeah similar. I used it with my laptop maybe 4 months ago but it kept cutting out. Now when I got my desktop it cant recognise it at all. even my laptop can't recognise it. It makes noise but it sounds like this. Wirr Wirr Wirr (Then cuts out) wirr wirr wirr (Then cutts out) over and over again

it sounds like the drive or the drive-head may have failed

my last HDD that failed also made ticking noises when it was powered on but never actually read or wrote any data

OR the enclosure itself may have failed

you can try to remove the HDD from the enclosure to see if you can connect to another computer or enclosure

Photography / Finance / Gaming