Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High Non-Paged Pool

WelverinH20
 Share

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/klosm08324/saved/6ZcM8d

 

In the past two or so months I have noticed high ram usage out of my 16 gig kit. I only casualy game and I do some CAD, but never before did I reach 80-90 percent. Using Ram Map I found that The non page pool was the culprit. I would normally fix it by shutting down my computer and resetting the ram. I am asking if any one of you know how to fix this problem permanently.
image.png.553cce17cc4cdf66b40b3ce19ab88a89.png

image.png.79e17f78c4f032e5e4c96ae539017665.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, WelverinH20 said:

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/klosm08324/saved/6ZcM8d

 

In the past two or so months I have noticed high ram usage out of my 16 gig kit. I only casualy game and I do some CAD, but never before did I reach 80-90 percent. Using Ram Map I found that The non page pool was the culprit. I would normally fix it by shutting down my computer and resetting the ram. I am asking if any one of you know how to fix this problem permanently.
image.png.553cce17cc4cdf66b40b3ce19ab88a89.png

image.png.79e17f78c4f032e5e4c96ae539017665.png

what process is consuming all your ram? can you take a screenshot of the processes tab with highest ram applications sorted first

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

what process is consuming all your ram? can you take a screenshot of the processes tab with highest ram applications sorted first

If you look at the RamMap you can see what is taking up the most ram, but here is a screen shot anyways:

image.png.e91480382fead17cbc3f89564864df98.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WelverinH20 said:

If you look at the RamMap you can see what is taking up the most ram, but here is a screen shot anyways:

image.png.e91480382fead17cbc3f89564864df98.png

can you do the same with resource moniter

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

can you do the same with resource moniter

image.png.bb4ad68cb470b644446478d0ad0e4bde.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Thermosman said:

the memory usage "just doesnt add up"

thats about right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, heimdali said:

Turn off memory compression and see if it happens again.

 

This might sound dumb, but how do i do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea, I thought it might be some tool you´re running.

 

The nonpaged memory is probably free memory which, for unknown reasons, doesn´t show up as free.  You´d have to test with a program that eats memory to see if that memory suddenly gets used.  So I´d suspect that memory compression messes up the memory such that it gets cluttered much more than usual, and perhaps there´s a bug which leads to not freeing that memory but making it somehow nonpaged instead.

 

Besides, I´m also wondering why you don´t have any hugepages.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×