hp compaq d530 sff issues

mkessler9

Ok. So recently I got a bunch of hp compaq d530 sff pc's. The problem is that none of them will boot a drive. None of them boot the hdd or the cd drive and I tried different hdd and dvd drives that I know work but it still doesn't try booting them. I don't know what the issues. It would have to be something in the bios that is causing it because they all have the same problem. I've never had this problem with any other of my computers. Have you experienced this problem to? Do you know how to fix it?

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

OK so do you know how to boot from a HDD in bios?

Yeaaaa I do. Everything is configured  like it should be.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Well anyways I would try to boot from the hdd

I've already tried that....

Mkesser are the data power and data connectors working

Ok. So recently I got a bunch of hp compaq d530 sff pc's. The problem is that none of them will boot a drive. None of them boot the hdd or the cd drive and I tried different hdd and dvd drives that I know work but it still doesn't try booting them. I don't know what the issues. It would have to be something in the bios that is causing it because they all have the same problem. I've never had this problem with any other of my computers. Have you experienced this problem to? Do you know how to fix it?

are you able to get into the bios, how many do you have.  it sounds like these were in secure mode, did you get hd's with them?  In corporate oem pc's you can set them not boot anything other than a specified hard drive.  this prevent hacking of computer in open access areas with usb pen drives or hd swapping.  it also make it very difficult to do anything with them.

it may also be that the sata ports are simply tuned of and usb booting is turned off the point here can you get into the bios.  are you getting the boot screen?

are you able to get into the bios, how many do you have.  it sounds like these were in secure mode, did you get hd's with them?  In corporate oem pc's you can set them not boot anything other than a specified hard drive.  this prevent hacking of computer in open access areas with usb pen drives or hd swapping.  it also make it very difficult to do anything with them.

it may also be that the sata ports are simply tuned of and usb booting is turned off the point here can you get into the bios.  are you getting the boot screen?

I actually obtained these pc's from a business that's upgrading there computers. The bios detects them but will not boot them. How do I turn off secure mode?

i have only ever worked with dells with this sort of thing.  it will be in the bios under security normally or secure boot.  they tend to give  it s funny propitiatory name.  i assume that they did not come with hard drives.  if you look in the manual you will find a jumper somewhere that will reset the bios as well.

if you turn on usb & cd booting booting it should boot a cd and pen drive as normal, if the bios is not locked.   you will need to recent it using the jumper

i have only ever worked with dells with this sort of thing.  it will be in the bios under security normally or secure boot.  they tend to give  it s funny propitiatory name.  i assume that they did not come with hard drives.  if you look in the manual you will find a jumper somewhere that will reset the bios as well.

if you turn on usb & cd booting booting it should boot a cd and pen drive as normal, if the bios is not locked.   you will need to recent it using the jumper

I will try this on one of them and let you know. Thanks