Cheap Custom Domain Hosting?

Hello, I am looking for a service that provides hosting for a custom domain on the cheap end. (under $3/month) I have decided to go with Domian.com for a registrar unless someone has a better suggestion. I have not yet purchased the domain, so it's not currently a time issue. If at all possible, I would like to have an SSL/HTTPS certificate on the site to get the green lock (secured).

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps!

Hak5 has a discount code for 10% on domain.com I think

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I use godaddy, it was like $1.99 for a year and $15 for the domain pricey so people cant look up your domain and find out all your information 

when I did it was a promotion for first time users and they seem to have promotions like that alot 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

18 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Hak5 has a discount code for 10% on domain.com I think

Great! The code is actually 20% off :D

I was recently having a lot of trouble with this issue, I wanted to host videos on a server to play on my website but was currently using free hosting that couldn't support the bandwith. I did a lot of googling and found one for $1/month (it starts at $0.50/month but that plan is rubbish) It's called "hostblast" and am currently using it to support video streaming up to 1440p.

If you still haven't found a solution I'd recommend them (not sponsored), however you have to pay yearly ($12/year)

Reflink: https://www.hostblast.online/aff.php?aff=6501 (you don't lose anything but it helps me <3)

Non-ref: https://www.hostblast.online

Edit - More info:

Host uses cpanel, and you can get a free SSL certificate by going to the SSL/TLS setting and tinkering around in there (I don't remember what I did exactly but I visited a page and got https afterwards)

You can also link your hosting to cloudflare, which gives an SSL certificate anyway. Also regarding purchasing the domain I use Freenom, they're much cheaper than Domain.com depending on what TLD you're getting. (just google it)

Edited by somedylan
Added more info

1 minute ago, somedylan said:

I was recently having a lot of trouble with this issue, I wanted to host videos on a server to play on my website but was currently using free hosting that couldn't support the bandwith. I did a lot of googling and found one for $1/month (it starts at $0.50/month but that plan is rubbish) It's called "hostblast" and am currently using it to support video streaming up to 1440p.

If you still haven't found a solution I'd recommend them (not sponsored), however you have to pay yearly ($12/year)

Reflink: https://www.hostblast.online/aff.php?aff=6501 (you don't lose anything but it helps me <3)

Non-ref: https://www.hostblast.online

Wow, this looks very promising. Though, why does it say 01 domains on the $1 package, but unlimited on all the others? True or bug? image.png.b79b0dcb44bc3aa02893d6fbf712fbdd.png

1 minute ago, CaseyMazur said:

Wow, this looks very promising. Though, why does it say 01 domains on the $1 package, but unlimited on all the others? True or bug? image.png.b79b0dcb44bc3aa02893d6fbf712fbdd.png

By "domains allowed" it means how many websites you can host. You can still add subdomains though, I linked one domain and then added a bunch of subdomains. e.g. for $1/month you can get hosting for example.com and *.example.com, and for the $2 one you can get example.com, *.example.com, example.net, mywebsite.com etc.

You can buy the domain through them or link your own (purchased from domain.com, godaddy, freenom etc.) using DNS/nameservers

1 minute ago, somedylan said:

By "domains allowed" it means how many websites you can host. You can still add subdomains though, I linked one domain and then added a bunch of subdomains. e.g. for $1/month you can get hosting for example.com and *.example.com, and for the $2 one you can get example.com, *.example.com, example.net, mywebsite.com etc.

You can buy the domain through them or link your own (purchased from domain.com, godaddy, freenom etc.) using DNS/nameservers

Yeah, I understand that but do the cheaper ones and the $2 allow unlimited, while the $1 does not?

Yeah, I understand that but do the cheaper ones and the $2 allow unlimited, while the $1 does not?

Not sure why, maybe because they just want people to want to buy the $2 one if they want more domains. Up to you though.

Just now, somedylan said:

Not sure why, maybe because they just want people to want to buy the $2 one if they want more domains. Up to you though.

Great, thanks. You seem like you know some stuff about this, would you know where to get a cheap SSL certificate?

Great, thanks. You seem like you know some stuff about this, would you know where to get a cheap SSL certificate?

You can just get a free one through the cpanel itself, or make a cloudflare account and do it through there. I messed around in the settings and managed to get a certificate just through the SSL/TLS Wizard options.

image.png.defc80b5fd6977139bb8bd4a3dc78c60.png

image.thumb.png.5f3da7269215dd03766f6fde8c1a42f3.png

Just now, somedylan said:

You can just get a free one through the cpanel itself, or make a cloudflare account and do it through there. I messed around in the settings and managed to get a certificate just through the SSL/TLS Wizard options.

image.png.defc80b5fd6977139bb8bd4a3dc78c60.png

image.thumb.png.5f3da7269215dd03766f6fde8c1a42f3.png

Just to clarify, when you go into the SSL/TLS wizard just select all the domains you want to secure and it will just add it, you don't even need to click continue or purchase anything (not sure if that's a bug but it worked fine for me, didn't bill anything)

image.png.013bd18dcdd4c63904c1483ec094c3e3.png

5 minutes ago, CaseyMazur said:

Awesome. When I go to the link, does anything I get count towards your affiliate? I don't need a promo code? Hoping to be able to order soon.

No promo code, pretty sure it's just a temporary tracking cookie or something no matter what service you order.

If you need help with it you can email their support team (I don't know the address but it's on the website somewhere) or ask me here, happy I could help.