Hi,

So i have an old dell precision 690 that i have dragged through the mill, and have upgraded every piece of it, also re-soldered the motherboard capacitors. Lets just say it runs like a dream!

My next upgrade is the fans, there are 3 main fans 150mm, 140mm, 120mm, which fans would you suggest to replace these, i need fast 2000rpm+ but silent.

I use my machine for numerous things, gaming, video editing, programming, you name it i have used it on this machine its just the fan issue.

Would be great if i could use noctua fans as i know these are very highly recommended fans to use but i cant seem to find 1550/1400 mm fans in these.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks 

Why do they need to run 2000 rpm. Rpm doesnt show anything, you instead should look at the airflow. Also higher the rpm, higher the noise. Just go with Noctua.

Just now, Robert Mayor Gnasher (EU) said:

but surely the higher the rpm the more airflow ...?

If you have a shit fan then no matter how fast you spin it it still produces less airflow than lets say good fan at 1500. It depends on the fan fin count and shapes. Also look at the linus video, 10000rpm fan. There he does some math too.

ok so looking at noctua its between the nf-A15 WITH L.N.A 88.7 M3/H which seems pretty good around 19db also,

but then i saw their industry standards nf-a14 ppc-2000 pwn 182,5 m3/h higher db more like around 30db

what you think??

4 hours ago, Robert Mayor Gnasher (EU) said:

ok so looking at noctua its between the nf-A15 WITH L.N.A 88.7 M3/H which seems pretty good around 19db also,

but then i saw their industry standards nf-a14 ppc-2000 pwn 182,5 m3/h higher db more like around 30db

what you think??

I once had a fan that was "30 db" from corsair, but when i put it too full speed it was like a turbine engine. But i trust noctua, get the industry one, you can always lower the rpm.