Galaxy S8 Or Wait?

Fear

So I'm currently using my OnePlus One since the day since it got announced. The phone itself has been great and does everything I need it to do with pretty much no lag. The only real issue I have with it is that the battery life is complete garbage now and that it overheats on the occasion. I'm really debating if I should just buy a Galaxy S8 tomorrow or if I should wait until the Galaxy S9 which might not even be available for me to purchase until April 2018. There is a killer deal on Freedom Mobile (Canada) right now that has a plan with 6 GB LTE and $200 off a Galaxy S8 if I pair it up with a $65 plan. So my question is do I buy the S8 right now or wait another 6-7 months with my OPO with terrible battery to wait until they announce Galaxy S9?

PC: i7 8700K / Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 / Corsair RM650X / Corsair H100i / Phanteks P400S / Samsung Evo 860 SSD / Peripherals / Etc: Steelseries Rival 310 / CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Browns) / MSi MAG24C / Sennheiser HD 6XX / Hyper X Cloud 2 / Jaybird X3 / Beats X /

Dell XPS 13: i7 7560U / Iris 640 / 8GB LPDDR3 / 256GB SSD

If you get a good deal on it the S8 is a great phone. It has everything you'll need.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

My dad has the S8 and loves it; no issues whatsoever.  There's always going to be something new on the horizon or something better.  Go into a store and use the demonstration model if you can, then get what you like within your budget.  If it's on sale, all the better.

the S8 is a great phone. i had mines for a few months

have you considered the pixel 2 phones? 

Thanks everyone! Ended up getting the phone yesterday

IMG_20171008_162401.jpg

PC: i7 8700K / Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 / Corsair RM650X / Corsair H100i / Phanteks P400S / Samsung Evo 860 SSD / Peripherals / Etc: Steelseries Rival 310 / CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Browns) / MSi MAG24C / Sennheiser HD 6XX / Hyper X Cloud 2 / Jaybird X3 / Beats X /

Dell XPS 13: i7 7560U / Iris 640 / 8GB LPDDR3 / 256GB SSD