Spilled Water on Laptop

Hello,

Some water spilled on my laptop, I tried to dry it, and it worked just fine for a month. After a month the laptop stopped charging. I tried to get it fix by pros but no one could help so I picked up 99% isopropyl alcohol and took the MB out and clean it nice and slowly, and it worked! the laptop charge again!

BUT

After few hours the laptop stopped charging again, so I did it again and again, every time it charging for some time and stopping again. I tried to clean, wait a week, and then connected it to the wall, works but after few hours stopped charging again. When I say stopped charging I mean it is won't charge any more. only by taking the MB out again and cleaning it and drying it with cold hair dryer and few hours or days of wait and only then connecting it to the charger.

So any one have an idea what can I do? I can get it back to charge but how can I make it be fixed and not temporary?

Maybe there is something I need to rub on my laptop?

Dry Spec:

Asus TP300LA

i7 4510U

8GB Ram

128GB SSD

1080P Touchscren IPS

Thanks

Hmmm, maybe you could try putting the battery in a bowl of rice? Although if its acting funny with charging its probably just the battery has gone bad or you further damaged the charging port on your laptop when you removed the motherboard, hopefully just charging port since that can be fixed by most computer repair stores for cheaper than a new battery.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

7 hours ago, Vx0x said:

The battery might have gone bad?

7 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Hmmm, maybe you could try putting the battery in a bowl of rice? Although if its acting funny with charging its probably just the battery has gone bad or you further damaged the charging port on your laptop when you removed the motherboard, hopefully just charging port since that can be fixed by most computer repair stores for cheaper than a new battery.

The warranty replaced my battery to a new one after the water damage, the problem is with the charging port/circuit board. If I don't touch it for a week after cleaning and drying it will charge, but few hours later after the charging it will stopped charging. Maybe there is some protection layer I need to rub in?

Maybe you got mineral deposits on the charging terminals on the mobo that might have eventually transferred to the power pin on your adapter.

Try cleaning both with isopropyl alcohol (the mobo and the power pin on the adapter). 

NOTE: Make sure the adapter is not plugged in the wall when you do this.