Need help with finding new Headphones

A_person
Go to solution Solved by doits,
4 hours ago, A_person said:

I use the mostly for movies and gaming but sometimes for tracking.

I think you'll like them, detailed sound; present but not overpowering bass. Akg has good soundstage and is comfortable. 

I can't think of another pair for the price with a fixed headband that will beat nearly any gaming headset.

I recently broke my ATH-M40x (at the hinge)  and was looking for a replacement i was wondering if the AKG K72 was a good replacement. (if there are better headphones, do tell)

PS. All my headphones break around a year after i get them.

Whats ur budget?

Asus Z170-A | Intel Core i7-6700K@4.6Ghz | Cooler Master 612s | ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB | Kingston HyperX Savage 1x8Gb 3000MHz CL15 | Aerocool Mechatron White Edition (Steel Edition) | Corsair CX650M | Fostex HP-A3 | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit | Superlux E205U | Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200Rpm | BENQ XL2411Z (1ms, 144hz, 24'', 3D) | HiFiMAN HE-400i | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G703 Wireless | Razer Goliathus Control Large | T-Moblie 120/10 Mb/s | Steam profile

SHP9500

Asus Z170-A | Intel Core i7-6700K@4.6Ghz | Cooler Master 612s | ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB | Kingston HyperX Savage 1x8Gb 3000MHz CL15 | Aerocool Mechatron White Edition (Steel Edition) | Corsair CX650M | Fostex HP-A3 | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit | Superlux E205U | Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200Rpm | BENQ XL2411Z (1ms, 144hz, 24'', 3D) | HiFiMAN HE-400i | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G703 Wireless | Razer Goliathus Control Large | T-Moblie 120/10 Mb/s | Steam profile

2 minutes ago, SniphzR said:

SHP9500

i can't do open headphones. my roommates are loud.

2 hours ago, A_person said:

I recently broke my ATH-M40x (at the hinge)  and was looking for a replacement i was wondering if the AKG K72 was a good replacement. (if there are better headphones, do tell)

PS. All my headphones break around a year after i get them.

I feel your pain @A_person. I spent a bucketload of cash ($300 CDN) on fancy dancy closed-back headphones with hinges. Like yours, they short out after about a year. NEVER AGAIN. Rigid headbands for me... my 2 cents. ?

BTW - have you considered these <$100 cans suggested by TekThing?  July 2017 ~5 minute posting.

Edited by Guest
Add a resource

50 minutes ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

I feel your pain @A_person. I spent a bucketload of cash ($300 CDN) on fancy dancy closed-back headphones with hinges. Like yours, they short out after about a year. NEVER AGAIN. Rigid headbands for me... my 2 cents. ?

BTW - have you considered these <$100 cans suggested by TekThing?  July 2017 ~5 minute posting.

those headphones do look nice but they have HINGES! so they would break as soon as i touch them.

what do you use them for, music/mixing/gaming/on the go? I like the takstar pro80, which  hyperx uses to make cloud headset.  Audio forum sticky suggests: NVX XPT100
Good isolation and comfort. Good, reasonably balanced sound for the price. Includes both angled and flat pads. Removable 3.5mm cable to each side, not compatible with boompro mic.

Oh and to answer about akg k72, never owned personally but owned higher versions and enjoy the akg sound and are really comfortable with the suspension headband. Just know they aren't for bass music, more of a neutral sound.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

50 minutes ago, doits said:

what do you use them for, music/mixing/gaming/on the go? I like the takstar pro80, which  hyperx uses to make cloud headset.  Audio forum sticky suggests: NVX XPT100
Good isolation and comfort. Good, reasonably balanced sound for the price. Includes both angled and flat pads. Removable 3.5mm cable to each side, not compatible with boompro mic.

Oh and to answer about akg k72, never owned personally but owned higher versions and enjoy the akg sound and are really comfortable with the suspension headband. Just know they aren't for bass music, more of a neutral sound.

4 hours ago, A_person said:

I think you'll like them, detailed sound; present but not overpowering bass. Akg has good soundstage and is comfortable. 

I can't think of another pair for the price with a fixed headband that will beat nearly any gaming headset.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

8 hours ago, A_person said:

those headphones do look nice but they have HINGES! so they would break as soon as i touch them.

....aaaaaand that's why I've ordered the MDR7510. No hinges. $139 USD on the trewaudio website. I think you were looking for a $100 or less pair, right?

If you can handle THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE, HeadFi has several streams about the cans I'm referring to. Thread!

sincerely,

one of THOSE PEOPLE. ?

Edited by Guest
Spelling, eeek