CPU hangs at 801 MHz

Drahsid2
Go to solution Solved by Drahsid2,

I found a solution to my issue; apparently this is common with users that have the same board as I, it is a sensor that has gone bad. The problem can be fixed by disabling BD PROCHOT, as seen here: https://i.gyazo.com/ef63f2bf7af23b6e6704b2ba4b791be9.mp4

Howdy fellas. After unplugging my computer as I retreated from Hurricane Irma. Eventually, coming home, I plugged my PC in and booted it up.

At first it was unusually slow, I had't a clue why, but I knew there indeed was an issue when I booted up CS:GO, as I got about 25 FPS.

Well, that was very strange and absolutely unplayable, I have a 980, I should be getting 350+ FPS. After this, I made sure there wasn't some insane task that was eating up my PC's resources, well there wasn't. So I moved on, by using DDU to uninstall my GPU's driver, then furthermore installed the latest driver.

Trying again, I was still getting 25 FPS. Maybe it was just CSGO? I booted up PUBG. Shockingly, I was getting about 35 FPS (inb4 pubg preforms better than CSGO does when running mainly off of a GPU) For this I considered that my GPU wasn't getting enough power, so I opened up MSI Afterburner and made sure everything was changed from default to my other profile (a small OC and extra power limit). That made CSGO feel more consistent, however was still about 25 FPS. Using the stats tracker, I realised something strange: my CPU was running at 801 MHz. Of course, I exclaimed that such a thing is an issue. So I rebooted my PC, and tried many things, looping about again and again. Underclocking didn't work. Overclocking didn't work. Default settings didn't work. Automatic settings didn't work. At this point I decided to do some research, I found that the issue is probably linked to Intel SpeedStep. Of course, I disabled it and made sure my power plan was Maximum performance. The issue still lasts. I am not sure what is going on or how to fix this, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

I also think that it is important to note that the CPU's clock speed sometimes (not often) will launch up to the speed I set in the bios (4.4 GHz.) before going back to 801 MHz.

My rig:

Intel i5 690k (4.4 GHz)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

MSI Gaming 7

20 GB DDR3 2111 MHz Memory

OCZ - ZT 550W Power Supply

Rest CMOS

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

When I get home later today I will try that out. Not sure that it will work though. We'll see.

Resetting the CMOS did not work, the results are the same.

Note: According to Intel XTU, the CPU is sometimes thermal throttling when at 40 degrees.