Can you name this???????

IPQ

So I saw on a video a long time ago that Linus used to test the razer blade (i think) where he had a HDMI cable that one end he plugged into the monitor and the other, into another laptop to record the screen and I was wondering if anyone knew what that was. I just remembered when I was trying to record my PS4 on OBS but the remote play kept crashing, then I remembered the video and I have been looking for ages but I couldn't find out what it actually was. If anyone could help or suggest a way that I could record my PS4 on OBS (without remote play) then I would really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, CatTheEpic said:

So I saw on a video a long time ago that Linus used to test the razer blade (i think) where he had a HDMI cable that one end he plugged into the monitor and the other, into another laptop to record the screen and I was wondering if anyone knew what that was. I just remembered when I was trying to record my PS4 on OBS but the remote play kept crashing, then I remembered the video and I have been looking for ages but I couldn't find out what it actually was. If anyone could help or suggest a way that I could record my PS4 on OBS (without remote play) then I would really appreciate it.

You'll need a capture card which supports HDMI. You could probably get a USB one?

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

You'll need a capture card which supports HDMI. You could probably get a USB one?

Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, CatTheEpic said:

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure how you would simultaneously show the PS4 on a screen and record, but I guess some capture cards will have an output for that? Otherwise you might need a HDMI splitter if those exist.

I edit my posts a lot.

3 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

I'm not sure how you would simultaneously show the PS4 on a screen and record, but I guess some capture cards will have an output for that? Otherwise you might need a HDMI splitter if those exist.

most capture cards have 2 HDMI ports (IN & OUT) for pass thru 

1 hour ago, MrDrWho13 said:

capture cards like the elgato, even the diamond one touch is able to do that and its not even HD

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no