What parts should I buy now

Bastian97

Hi everyone:

I recently just moved to Canada and I've been following LTT for a long time, now I'm finally ready to build my own rig in Canada.

I mainly play ARK, Warframe, Cities: Skylines, GTA, Civilization, WOWS, and I'm planning on playing EVE.

So here's my current plan: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Gn2HHN

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.50 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($75.99 @ PC Canada) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($5.84 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($136.00 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($199.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($159.23 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($128.36 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.95 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.95 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ DirectCanada) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill - RNX-AC1900PCE PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.99) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  ($34.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($284.50 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1729.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-04 16:14 EDT-0400

Big fan of Nocuta, Building Raid 0 with the 1TB drives and backing it all up on the 4TB one, I have lots of files to dump on this PC lul.

Also my current place has no wired connection so I'm stuck with wifi feels bad man.

I just picked a random monitor cuz I actually need one, feel free to give recommandations. And also recommendations for graphics card.

My budget can wiggle a bit as long as it's under 2200 CAD I guess.

Thanks a lot

Oh and as for the topic I'm thinking about waiting for BF, so should I wait or not?

2 minutes ago, Rezalis said:

Get a gtx 1070 for 1080p

So GTX1080 would be an overkill, cuz I see 1080s low as 644 CAD

Don't get the motherboard, instead a B350-Pro4 by ASRock

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

Not if you want to run very high refresh rates. If you can afford the 1080, you might as well pick it up.

If you don't actually need all that storage I would get rid of some of it and put the money towards the best GPU you can afford. If you do though then Yeah I would go with what other people said

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

41 minutes ago, Bastian97 said:

So here's my current plan: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Gn2HHN

Also my current place has no wired connection so I'm stuck with wifi feels bad man.

I just picked a random monitor cuz I actually need one, feel free to give recommandations. And also recommendations for graphics card.

My budget can wiggle a bit as long as it's under 2200 CAD I guess.

Thanks a lot

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/J7qcXH

Kept your red/black style, even found a monitor the same specs and less that's red and black.

Added a board with built in wifi.

removed the cpu cooler the 1600 comes with a stock one you can upgrade later if needed.

Ryzen's performance can be bottle necked by ram so don't cheap out on it found some ram for 14 cad more and it's 14 cas instead of 16.

In your case you're using a lot of storage so why not do a 4tb hhd and another for mirror backups and with optane you can still see ssd speeds.

About 100 cad over budget though.

34 minutes ago, iVince said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/J7qcXH

Kept your red/black style, even found a monitor the same specs and less that's red and black.

Added a board with built in wifi.

removed the cpu cooler the 1600 comes with a stock one you can upgrade later if needed.

Ryzen's performance can be bottle necked by ram so don't cheap out on it found some ram for 14 cad more and it's 14 cas instead of 16.

In your case you're using a lot of storage so why not do a 4tb hhd and another for mirror backups and with optane you can still see ssd speeds.

About 100 cad over budget though.

I'd probably take your advice on the 1600 and also ram [The reason I chose 3200 ram the first place], but sadly Optane technology is exclusive for KB Lake, so I guess it's probably not gunna work with ryzen